SDS100/SDS200: SDS200 Programming help

jbrez

Hello all. I haven't owned a scanner in over 25 years. I recently purchased the SDS200 from Uniden. I received it, downloaded Sentinel, updated my firmware and database. I created a profile, added all the channels to a favorites list, edited the list to have monitor and download set to on (off default), set my location, and wrote the lists to the scanner.

After uploading, I unplug the USB cord, it writes to the scanner and I get a message of "Scan Mode. Nothing to scan"

I am not trying to get encrypted channels, just local and state police/fire. I'm in Illinois. Any suggestions on what I may have missed?

Thank you in advance.

KC8LEA

Needing help on the SDS200 Discovery mode. How do I name the session?, so that it matches the database? Note: This using the Ohio MARC's System.

jbrez

Here's the two hpe files I have. I may have missed something minor from being a newer user. Can anyone take a look? Thank you!

Attachments

• HPE Files.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 6

phask

Premium Subscriber
Here's the two hpe files I have. I may have missed something minor from being a newer user. Can anyone take a look? Thank you!
You have no Sites in either list.

SItes are the physical transmission sites or towers. You have to have at least 1, and the proper (closest) one to receive anything., All you have are talkgroups.

jbrez

Thanks for taking a look. I'm just slightly confused then. I'm sorry for sounding like I don't belong here. Last time I owned a scanner, I bought a book, programmed each specific frequency in and hit scan. This is a little more complex.

I am getting help this weekend possibly. I guess I'm having trouble finding the towers. When I watched all the videos for Sentinel, I took it as click your state, click your county, click the ones you wanted to hear, save, write to scanner. Where do I see the towers located or is it a setting in the SDS?

Nasby

The towers are listed in the sentinel software.

Open the sentinel software.

Click database (to the top left), then USA.
Select Ohio, then your county.

Then select Statewide and scroll down to Ohio Marc’s IP: multi agency.

Select your county then right click on it and select Append to favorites list. (You’ll need to create / name a list).

The software will download your county talkgroups along with every Marcs site in the state.

Avoid or delete the sights that are not close by you. (Usually only 2-3 sites will be close).

Add a favorites list quick key to the favorites list you just created and quick keys to the sites and talkgroups.

phask

Premium Subscriber
The towers are listed in the sentinel software.

Open the sentinel software.

Click database (to the top left), then USA.
Select Ohio, then your county.

Then select Statewide and scroll down to Ohio Marc’s IP: multi agency.

Select your county then right click on it and select Append to favorites list. (You’ll need to create / name a list).

The software will download your county talkgroups along with every Marcs site in the state.

Avoid or delete the sights that are not close by you. (Usually only 2-3 sites will be close).

Add a favorites list quick key to the favorites list you just created and quick keys to the sites and talkgroups.
Op is not in Ohio - But do the same with where you are. (I already forget and deleted the import) Starcom?? Maybe