SDS100/SDS200: sds200 programming help

Hello, So I finally moved to a new state that has a new to me p25 system. The local county just recently moved off the state trunked agency. When I set the site frequencies on the sds200, nothing happens, except saying nothing to scan. When I set the site frequencies on the bcd996p2, it will show me a number say 6008 when a channel is talking. Once I put that 6008 into the sds200, (Cant remember if Hex or Dex) boom its like magic and that channel will now populate on the sds200 when there is radio chatter. My question is, how can I get the sds200 to show the the # so I can just listen to the simulcast system without having to have 2 scanners hooked up for discovery mode? Im enjoying this hobby when you need to discover new channels, and just using the sds200 is my ideal goal. I now have a bunch of agencies by number set up but there has got to be a way for the sds200 to not need the dex/hex number to show me the channel right? It's random Fire and EMS and a handful on unencrypted LE agencies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When I set the site frequencies on the sds200, nothing happens, except saying nothing to scan.

How are you setting the freqs? Have you appended the system to a favorites list using Sentinel? It will import the system with all freqs and talk groups.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Hello, So I finally moved to a new state that has a new to me p25 system. The local county just recently moved off the state trunked agency. When I set the site frequencies on the sds200, nothing happens, except saying nothing to scan. When I set the site frequencies on the bcd996p2, it will show me a number say 6008 when a channel is talking. Once I put that 6008 into the sds200, (Cant remember if Hex or Dex) boom its like magic and that channel will now populate on the sds200 when there is radio chatter. My question is, how can I get the sds200 to show the the # so I can just listen to the simulcast system without having to have 2 scanners hooked up for discovery mode? Im enjoying this hobby when you need to discover new channels, and just using the sds200 is my ideal goal. I now have a bunch of agencies by number set up but there has got to be a way for the sds200 to not need the dex/hex number to show me the channel right? It's random Fire and EMS and a handful on unencrypted LE agencies.
Using RadioReference (a link available in Sentinel, Butel ARC, & Proscsan) will automatically give you the TG’s.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
You're in the right place with plenty of people here to help you, it would appear you're not that familiar with scanning p25 trunked systems with talk groups.

One thing that's imperative before anyone's going to be able to help you is exactly what state?, what county? and what is your hometown? What is the name of the system that you are trying to listen to?

Members can then look in the database and see exactly what it is you're trying to program, you will use sentinel and it's not that difficult to get the hang of. It could go smoother if you decided to become a subscriber to radio reference.

As I say plenty of people here that can help you but not without that rudimentary, primary information.

tvengr

Well Known Member
What is your city, county, and state and which agencies do you want to monitor? We will be able to take a look at the database to help you out.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
One thing that's imperative before anyone's going to be able to help you is exactly what state?, what county? and what is your hometown? What is the name of the system that you are trying to listen to?

Members can then look in the database and see exactly what it is you're trying to program..

What is your city, county, and state and which agencies do you want to monitor? We will be able to take a look at the database to help you out.
So I guess we shelf this till the information comes back, I was hoping you would respond.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
There was mention of getting a RR Premium Subscription.
Which I do recommend - and will be needed if you want to load data using ProScan.

However, access to the entire RR database is included in the price of an SDS100 or 200.
(Updated every monday usually)

You just have to go through Sentinel to access it.
You also have to use Sentinel to update the radio's internal database and firmware.

Download and install Sentinel.

https://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/Unidenman4/BCDx36HPSentinel

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
My question is, how can I get the sds200 to show the the # so I can just listen to the simulcast system without having to have 2 scanners hooked up for discovery mode?
What number are you referring to? The talkgroup ID? It should be displayed by default as encircled below. You'll need to be sure the applicable service types are turned on for the talkgroups you want to hear (reference "Tag" column in the RRDB) if you feel they're being omitted from scan. By default, EMS Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, Law Dispatch, Custom 1, and Multi-Dispatch are enabled. The rest will need to be enabled by you, the user
1715269117385.png