SDS200 Scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstetter

Once I received and opened my BRAND-NEW SDS200, I noticed some scratches by the keypad and Volume/Squelch Knobs. Can someone explain to me why these scratches appeared on the Scanner when I didn't even make the scratches? As you can see in the picture, there are some scratches on the left side of the keypad.

Attachments

• IMG_4112 2 (4).jpg
    IMG_4112 2 (4).jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 348

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It sounds possibly like someone either made, or attempted to perform a repair to solve the infamous background hum and didn't have the proper tools to remove the front panel.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
The only lines I see are near the numbers 4,5,7,8 and 9 and those look like cold flow lines from the injection molding process.
This is a somewhat normal occurrence in molded parts and not considered a big problem unless you are molding optical parts.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In that one to the left of LAN? It appears that you may not have removed the protective cover from the screen.

Last edited:

bb911

I enlarged the pic way up and I think that those who have stated that it looks like lines from the injection molding process are correct. The lines still have texture, whereas scratches would have removed some of the texture.

Ubbe

It seems to be scratch to the left of the micro usb port and there's a hair in the LAN port and there's dust in the display. It looks like it have been used prior to the sale, maybe a display sample.

/Ubbe

bb911

I took another zoom in look, and the micro USB port doesn't look too good. Looks like there's something in there that you don't want there.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I purchased this BRAND-NEW at ZipScanner.com. There could be many possibilities
Mmmm... oh boy. I would return it for a refund. Regardless of what the problem is caused by its bothering you and you are not satisfied. I will never use zip scanners again personally.

I just picked up my second sds200 a few weeks back from Bearcat Warehouse. I have no doubt it was a brand new unit unopened.

toad99

Premium Subscriber
I got my SDS200 when they first came out. I just looked at mine with a magnifying glass and there are what looks like very small cracks in exactly the same place as your picture at the lower left corner of the 1,4, and 7 keys. Moving a flashlight around changes the visibilty of the marks. They look to thin to be scratches.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I must be blind as I don't see anything in the picture provided that gives me concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.