sds200 signal bars come and go every couple seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropixstarz

MENU -- Manage Favorites -- (select the favorites list) -- Review/Edit System -- (choose the system) -- Edit System Option
Set Hold Time -- (up to you, but 5 to 7 seconds works well).
Thank you , I set it at 255 & then I set it back to 0 and i have listened to it all night and it has had full bars all night.It seems to get better reception with the antenna all the way shortened. I never EVER have my scanner on scan I hold on Dispatch. IF something goes down on another channel I switch one of my other 3 scanners to that talkgroup. BUT after 3 - 4 hours the SDS200 stayed on FULL signal bars......

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Thank you , I set it at 255 & then I set it back to 0 and i have listened to it all night and it has had full bars all night.It seems to get better reception with the antenna all the way shortened. I never EVER have my scanner on scan I hold on Dispatch. IF something goes down on another channel I switch one of my other 3 scanners to that talkgroup. BUT after 3 - 4 hours the SDS200 stayed on FULL signal bars......
Using a scanner like a receiver. Why not just buy a receiver?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tropixstarz

Using a scanner like a receiver. Why not just buy a receiver?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I am 60 years old and I have been doing it this way since 1971 so I am pretty much ok with the way that I do it. I don't like to miss anything SO I hold on Dispatch. IF something goes down on another channel I switch one of my other 3 scanners to that talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.