SDS100/SDS200: Sds200 where should i start?

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
I enjoy the challenge of setting up a new radio more than actually using it.
Once I get it mastered the novelty starts to wear off.
Maybe that's why I have so many radios.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
These are all great and very helpful suggestions from truly caring members..at this point this might to be a computer related issue maybe having to do as you say with com ports etc. did you say it updated the drivers ? but I would check port numbers first in windows(what version?). I don't have sentinel open but I do not remember if there is a place to choose the port. Did you shut down and restart after updating the drivers? There are a few trouble shooting forum posts you can search for on com port issues. I know how frustrating this can be with a new radio and not being able to get it going.

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
I could see it being a computer issue but what are the odds it's 3. All are windows 10. I've restarted after every update.
I've managed to download a few things to it but it isn't picking up anything. Just scanning

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Well, now I am confused since you had not said you were able to download anything and that the usb was not appearing. If you were successful then that opens a very large number of reasons as to why you are not hearing anything and a reading of the easier to read manual might be in order.. have you tried scanning by location directly on the 200 to see what you pick up outside if sentinel? How to do this is outlined in the manual

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you created a favorites list that is not working, please attach it so we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
I got it to download just a few minutes before I posted. I will try again tomorrow with a better attitude than this point lol.

I am appreciative and thankful for everyones help.

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
If you created a favorites list that is not working, please attach it so we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.
Heres what i have. I will try your other suggestion tomorrow. I am defeated for tonight

Attachments

• MACON.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 3

tvengr

Well Known Member
The first thing I see is that the Macon-Bibb County P25 System has the wrong System Type. It should be P25 Trunk. P25 X2 TDMA systems no longer exist.

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
The first thing I see is that the Macon-Bibb County P25 System has the wrong System Type. It should be P25 Trunk. P25 X2 TDMA systems no longer exist.
Ok ive updated it and now CGIRRS is on the screen

Attachments

• MACON2.zip
    1,006 bytes · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240918_011653714.jpg
    PXL_20240918_011653714.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 21

dmfalk

Have fun! Scanners, especially one like this, get very addictive! 🙃

(I have the SDS100, the 200's little brother...)

mjbjr

Premium Subscriber
For the life rof me i cannot get it to find a com port. 3 different computers and all the same thing.