sdsharp display question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,911
Reaction score
6,447
Location
Suffolk County NY
When I use sdsharp, my screen will show a certain spectrum range. I can only view 407.900 to 408.700. Is there a setting or a plugin that would allow me to view a wider spectrum?
 

Attachments

  • spectrum.jpg
    spectrum.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 347

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
That depends on which receiver you are using. I can rule out the FCD since you're wider than 192 kHz. Which are you using? In general, you want to go into the config settings and change them.
 

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,911
Reaction score
6,447
Location
Suffolk County NY
I am running a R820T2 (RTL2832U) on version 1413. When you say config, are you talking about sdsharp.cfg? What value would I be looking for?
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
First of all, I would upgrade your SDR#, but...

The configuration is the gear or cog (the third item) in the upper left part of the window. It's two to the left of the volume control. Set the Sample Rate higher than it is.

You should be able to get about 2.4 MHz of display out of that receiver.
 

Flatliner

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
391
Reaction score
8
Location
UK
My dongles tend to lose samples at 2.4 MHz. One step down seems more reliable.
 

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,911
Reaction score
6,447
Location
Suffolk County NY
First of all, I would upgrade your SDR#, but...

You know something, that's on the list. In your opinion, whats the most stable release that has the most plug ins support?


The configuration is the gear or cog (the third item) in the upper left part of the window. It's two to the left of the volume control. Set the Sample Rate higher than it is.

Its funny, I played with sample rates before but never noticed the spectrum change... But what I do notice is the higher its set, the harder it is to receive distant signals that come in ok using a lower sample rate.

You should be able to get about 2.4 MHz of display out of that receiver.

Pretty much right on the money.

Thanks Voyager..
 
D

DaveNF2G

Guest
You know something, that's on the list. In your opinion, whats the most stable release that has the most plug ins support?

That depends on whether or not you are using an Airspy.

For non-Airspy hardware, the best would be 1361.

Its funny, I played with sample rates before but never noticed the spectrum change... But what I do notice is the higher its set, the harder it is to receive distant signals that come in ok using a lower sample rate.

This is receiver dependent. The more expensive receivers generally work with higher sampling rates. The amount of spectrum you can view is dependent on the sampling rate. How well SDRSharp can recover audio depends on USB port throughput and the specs of your sound card.




Pretty much right on the money.

Thanks Voyager..[/QUOTE]
 

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,911
Reaction score
6,447
Location
Suffolk County NY
Where can I get 1361 and the plugins that will work with that version?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top