Sea Pines - Hilton Head

DanRollman

Database Admin
A thread in this forum from several years ago reported that the Sea Pines Community Service Associates, which provides security, maintenance and trolley services in the Sea Pines community of Hilton Head Island, used a Capacity Plus system on 461.200 and 462.1375 Callsign WQNA415. It appears they no longer operate there. I am not finding any voice (encrypted or unencrypted) communications on those frequencies from within Sea Pines, although there is an occasional chirp of a Cap+ with color code 7, suggesting the system may not have been fully turned down. The license expired in 2020.

I haven't readily found Sea Pines operations elsewhere, including the other frequencies licensed to them (all of which have been silent for days). Anyone have any idea where they may have moved?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I haven't visited Sea Pines in 2-3 years. but I noted this same thing the last time I was there. The Cap+ system was still active with beacons when I was there, but I didn't hear any voice traffic on it.

I suspect that Sea Pines moved radio comms off of LMR and to some LTE based system. Such as FirstNet. I don't know that for certain, but I wasn't able to find them on any other LMR system in the area. I don't make a habit of getting close enough to LEOs to spy on their subscriber radio model, but that's probably the best way to verify what system they may be on.