Seaport area/Boston

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
I will be coming to the Seaport area of Boston this weekend and would like to monitor PD/FD/EMS.
Looks like they are all on UHF Conventional freqs?
Any tips for monitoring? I will have a couple of Uniden SDS 100's.

ecps92

I will be coming to the Seaport area of Boston this weekend and would like to monitor PD/FD/EMS.
Looks like they are all on UHF Conventional freqs?
Any tips for monitoring? I will have a couple of Uniden SDS 100's.
Yes the City of Boston is Conventional and Analog for the Police, Fire and EMS

Being the Seaport, you might want to add Massport site from the CoMIRS TRS (for the State Police-Troop F and Massport Police) who have various jurisdictions outside of what Boston Police handle in that area.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Is there any Troop H traffic on either the 700Mhz overlay or Massport? There is enough overlap between H and F down in that area that I'd listen to both.

I would suggest only the Massport Site/Zone for CoMIRS tho

ecps92

Is there any Troop H traffic on either the 700Mhz overlay or Massport? There is enough overlap between H and F down in that area that I'd listen to both.
Only for Special Occasions have I seen H Troop show up on the 700 overlay, and that is/was when directed to SOPS Digital or Events Digital (Brookline PGA etc) not the Patrol channels

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Just checking for an upcoming visit north.

Only for Special Occasions have I seen H Troop show up on the 700 overlay, and that is/was when directed to SOPS Digital or Events Digital (Brookline PGA etc) not the Patrol channels