Selecting Nationwide Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've looked in Sentinel and can't seem to find where I can set Nationwide Systems either on or off when I'm scanning the full database.

I can turn these on and off via the menu on the scanner, but was wondering if this is possible in Sentinel.

Thanks!

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Pick any state and any county in the country of choice (USA or Canada). When you expand the county, you will see "Nationwide", "Statewide", and "County Systems". Nationwide is of course what you want.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When I've got the full database turned on for scanning purposes, I can set the Service Types to scan either via the keyboard or via Sentinel.

However, also being scanned with the full database are also things like Air Shows - USA, Amateur Radio - USA, etc. I can shut the undesired things off via the scanner keypad. But I am unable to find the corresponding way of shutting these off in Sentinel.

I was thinking that if you can set Service Types in Sentinel, you should also be able to set these nationwide frequencies in Sentinel.

Jay911

Feed Provider
What I said in post #2 above is where you set those nationwide frequencies. Any state, any county, Nationwide.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes I can get on the dense side and things not sink in too well.

How exactly would I go about turning these things off by expanding the list in Sentinel?

The goal is to NOT scan these.

Thanks for being patient with me. :)

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
Sorry, I guess I could have been more descriptive myself.

Once you get down to the systems listed, you can highlight them and Ctrl+L to avoid (disable) them or Ctrl+U to unavoid (enable) them. (Apparently the programmers still think of "Lock Out" and "Unlock", judging by their key combination choices.)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Now we are getting somewhere!

I did what you said and it appears to be working. Upon exiting I was asked if I wanted to save the profile.

Then the next question is when I do a download of the database from Uniden, will this effort need to be repeated or will the action be carried forward to future downloads?

Thanks!

Jay911

Feed Provider
Your avoids stay persistent with database updates - in other words, you don't have to redo this every week.

The only time that may not be true is if a nationwide system is added or removed. In that case you may be avoiding a system that doesn't exist any more or vice versa. The first one isn't a big deal, but if RR suddenly adds a nationwide system, that will pop up in the DB and you won't be avoiding it by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.