Sending commands to BCD99XT, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
I have been attempting to send commands to a BCD996XT with a terminal emulator program but it doesn't respond. I looked at code in some of the programs on here and it appears they are simply sending ASCII codes such as the GLG command. I tried sending GLG but got nothing in return. What am I missing? The baud is correct and the radio responds to Proscan so it's not the setup that has an issue.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Possible that the emulator program has different serial port setup than Proscan is using. Example is number of data bits, stop bits and parity. Typical is 8,1,none. Baud rate is important but the others can monkey things good except the stop bit number.
Mike

I have been attempting to send commands to a BCD996XT with a terminal emulator program but it doesn't respond. I looked at code in some of the programs on here and it appears they are simply sending ASCII codes such as the GLG command. I tried sending GLG but got nothing in return. What am I missing? The baud is correct and the radio responds to Proscan so it's not the setup that has an issue.

WB2KTG

What terminal emulator program are you using? How are you wired up to the radio? Just the standard USB/Serial cable? I'm glad I looked here, I was planning on trying the same thing with my 396XT, figured I could leverage somebody's experience.

Thanks!

Bob

mancow

Database Admin
I wasn't using the carriage return but after realizing what was wrong it worked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.