Sentinel: Sentinel installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauteuil

I have read pretty much all comments on this forum and others and viewed hours of vidéo but none adressed my problem.
I got the sds200 last week. Now after many tries, I cannot get the sentinel software to run on my PC running windows 10.
Pictures are worth thousands of words so what is wrong?
I got the software on the uniden site… over and over after installing, uninstalling and trying again to no avail. Got to be something with the computer. I also followed the instructions on the wiki site with no results (removing the file in c/AppData etc…)
Thanks in advance for your help.
Bernard.

Attachments

• 8A73A763-C120-4449-8099-F78D9DD816CD.jpeg
    8A73A763-C120-4449-8099-F78D9DD816CD.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 94
  • A4A88435-058F-4A4E-8199-4676ECBDB8BF.jpeg
    A4A88435-058F-4A4E-8199-4676ECBDB8BF.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 93
  • DD661A76-47AE-4552-A422-CD7762449999.jpeg
    DD661A76-47AE-4552-A422-CD7762449999.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 84

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have read pretty much all comments on this forum and others and viewed hours of vidéo but none adressed my problem.
I got the sds200 last week. Now after many tries, I cannot get the sentinel software to run on my PC running windows 10.
I got the software on the uniden site… over and over after installing, uninstalling and trying again to no avail. Got to be something with the computer. I also followed the instructions on the wiki site with no results (removing the file in c/AppData etc…)
Bernard.
Try this:
1. Unload Sentinel
2. Using the Win File Explorer, navigate to the 'C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel' folder
3. Delete the 'Database' folder
4. Run Sentinel. A message will appear 'Reconstructing full database'

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums!
Any luck running the program as administrator?
1638974957808.png
I also followed the instructions on the wiki site with no results (removing the file in c/AppData etc…)
Are you referring to hpdb.cfg file as it exists in the path in your 2nd screenshot? If not, try deleting this

Last edited:

bearcat

I see at the bottom of you Sentinel screen it shows target model x436, change target model to SDS200 which is the radio you said you own. Which is under Tools - Target Model. Also your Database version shows 01/01/0001. Which indicates to me that you do not have a current version of the database. Update the DB under, UPDATE - UPDATE MASTER DATABASE. Hopefully this will help.

Have you run the Clear User Data routine, under Scanner?

Dauteuil

Thank you for your replies. But I tried every suggestions and the same messages (as in the pictures) keep coming…over and over again. I went as far yesterday as to rebuild the windows system to a date before the first download.
Tried Proscan solution : same messages.
Whiskey3JMC : I did do that at installation.
Bearcat : only after all the messages as in the photos are clicked off I get to the sentinel software with an empty database.
You were right, it was not set for the 200 so after setting and clicking on rebuild database… same pesky messages again.
I can not believe that my windows running in French Canadian would be the cause.

bearcat

Just a thought, but do you have the current version of Sentinel? 2.02 rev 1

Ubbe

... I tried every suggestions...
It seems to try to read a corrupt hpdb.cfg file and can't get a valid version number. Delete that file and it might work again to update the database. The file are in the folder at: C:\Users\All Users\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Database

/Ubbe

phask

Premium Subscriber
This may or not be your issue,

Read this thread - start at page 5 and work backwards if needed.

phask

Premium Subscriber
OOPS

Here - this is page 5

Dauteuil

Found the problem…finally. And the answer was in this forum from Jan 1st 2019 by ProScan.
As i suspected, the windows language region settings were the cause of the problems. My system was set for Canada French and after switching to Canada English it worked. 😃

Bugspro

Bernard.
Ok I have the same problem then you...I was in Canada Francais too. I switch Canada English and Sentinel start to work. Possible for uniden to put a notice to help other FRENCH user with the sortware....o_O

1 - type:
Regional Settings Desktop Application

Type "intl.cpl" on search textbox and choose the Control panel item to launch Regional settings.

2 - Choose: - FORMAT -

3 - Select: - Anglais Canada -

4 - Voila Sentinel was FIX!

Thks Dauteil for alls info! :)

Ubbe

All non US users that use US software probably needs to change their regional settings in Windows to let the decimal point character be a dot instead of a comma. I have no negative issues making that change and programs like Butels ARC series will also need that change, and probably many other programs that also are intended for US use.

/Ubbe

Bugspro

All non US users that use US software probably needs to change their regional settings in Windows to let the decimal point character be a dot instead of a comma. I have no negative issues making that change and programs like Butels ARC series will also need that change, and probably many other programs that also are intended for US use.

/Ubbe
Thanks for info...I setup my 2 computers in English and run #1 with sentinel. :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

/Ubbe
It depends on if the program is made 'culture-independent' so not to depend on any country or regional settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.