Sentinel issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I program both uniden and whistler scanners, and for some reason the sentinel software seems to be a little behind in the updates category EVEN AFTER I have chosen get database updates from the menu.

Specifically, the Lynchburg area is testing its new p25 system out now and it is in the radio reference database. Whistler ez scan software has the new p25 system and uniden sentinel does not. What's up with that? I believe I am using the latest version of sentinel. Like i said, when I check for firmware and database updates it says that I have the latest. Yet, I find that whistlers database updates are more up to date. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marksmith

I always thought it was the same database. Have never found a difference like you describe.

Sentinel will not update favorites lists, but that is a different issue if I understand your situation.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

phask

Premium Subscriber
Link to the RR DB? What county? I see Lychburg is in 4 counties.

Sure would help...

edit - if it's the Central VA ...etc

Project 16 is under the county
Project 25 is under statewide.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I program both uniden and whistler scanners, and for some reason the sentinel software seems to be a little behind in the updates category EVEN AFTER I have chosen get database updates from the menu.

Specifically, the Lynchburg area is testing its new p25 system out now and it is in the radio reference database. Whistler ez scan software has the new p25 system and uniden sentinel does not. What's up with that? I believe I am using the latest version of sentinel. Like i said, when I check for firmware and database updates it says that I have the latest. Yet, I find that whistlers database updates are more up to date. Any thoughts?

Can you post a link to the RR database that shows the system you are referring to?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Specifically, the Lynchburg area is testing its new p25 system out now and it is in the radio reference database. Whistler ez scan software has the new p25 system and uniden sentinel does not.

If a system is in RR, it is in Sentinel within a week. Updates are done on Mondays.

Favorite lists are not updated automatically; only the main database.

I found the system in Sentinel. Not sure why you think it isn't there.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Central Virginia Radio Communications System (Project 25) Trunking System, Various, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

As of a few days ago, sentinel still didn't have this system in their database. Whistler was an does and yes I thought that both software programs were downloading from the same database.

You should have version 1.07.05 of the BCDx36HP Sentinel software, with database version 07/02/2017

In the Sentinel database look in:

USA ---> Virginia ---> Lynchburg City ---> Statewide ---> Central Virginia Radio Communications System (Project 25)

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Ok I stand corrected. It wasn't there before.

I checked this morning while I was changing some things in my scanner. Around 9AM, it was last weeks version. I know UPMan has stated they do the downloads on Monday mornings. We must have hit it before it was downloaded into Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.