SENTINEL problem sds200

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayradiodogs

After adding new favorites groups the only groups that will write to scanner are the new group. All of the other groups no longer appear on choices to scan.
When I wrote to the scanner I chose the force write and erase favorites lists check boxes. Then I tried only the force full database. Neither would restore all the favorires groups that had previously loaded.
Any assistance will be appreciated.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Did you read from scanner first and save it before writing to scanner? If not, then erasing all favorites did just that and when you wrote back to scanner it was a clean slate and only what you recently wrote to it is what appears. I fear you may have to rebuild your previous Favorite Lists. I did the exact same thing once, which is why I suggest this. Hope it helps...

JD
kf4anc

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Open Sentinel, and go to "Edit profile" ...Check and ensure the systems you want to download are set to download, and to monitor.

And make sure your target model matches your scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what you mean with "Favorites Groups". If you mean "Favorites Lists" rather than groups of channels, which are subsets of Favorites Lists, you might look at your Profile. (Edit Profile). Check to see that all the desired Favorites Lists are set to Download On and Monitor On.

You did do the correct thing by erasing Favorites Lists in the scanner, and force writing the full database would not have done any harm. Force writing full database means the latest database in your Sentinel gets sent to the scanner, even if there are no changes. But since you are scanning Favorites Lists, it won't affect you.

Reactions: RRR

2wayradiodogs

I'm not sure what you mean with "Favorites Groups". If you mean "Favorites Lists" rather than groups of channels, which are subsets of Favorites Lists, you might look at your Profile. (Edit Profile). Check to see that all the desired Favorites Lists are set to Download On and Monitor On.

You did do the correct thing by erasing Favorites Lists in the scanner, and force writing the full database would not have done any harm. Force writing full database means the latest database in your Sentinel gets sent to the scanner, even if there are no changes. But since you are scanning Favorites Lists, it won't affect you.
Thanks, the problem is resolved. Much appreciated to all the great replies.

Reactions: RRR

2wayradiodogs

Did you read from scanner first and save it before writing to scanner? If not, then erasing all favorites did just that and when you wrote back to scanner it was a clean slate and only what you recently wrote to it is what appears. I fear you may have to rebuild your previous Favorite Lists. I did the exact same thing once, which is why I suggest this. Hope it helps...

JD
kf4anc
Thanks, JD.

2wayradiodogs

So could you share with us what you did to fix your issue?
Go to EDIT PROFILE in SENTINEL choose scan selection tab. Highlight the favorite group(s) that you want to download and click on the ON tab next to the where it says "download On OFF". You can do the same to choose favorites lists to monitor where it reads "monitor ON OFF. Just click on you choice and you will see which groups are on or off. as well. Save it after you close the page. Unless yo want to monitor the full database, uncheck that box near the top left of the edit profile page. Make sure to check the the box ERASE FAVORITES LISTS ON SCANNER after choosing WRITE TO SCANNER under the SCANNER tab on the main Sentinel page. FORCE WRITE FULL DATABASE should be used after you have updated the master database and want that updated database to replace the outdated one in the scanner. Hope this helps.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed the past few days when writing to the radio my fav list changes or it adds odd systems 0-2 and disables some systems I have to go in radio to reable them to scan again. That happen to me today when I was doing tests I lost about 30 mints of trying to figure what happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.