Sentinel: Sentinel Question

Hpr19

I am having difficulty figuring something out am sure there must be a way to do this. So I create a favorites lists of all the local FD’s near me. They all operate on a Trunk 800 system. I renamed the system from its initial name of “State Police” to “County Trunk”. Now when I try and add another TGID from the “State Police” database into my already created favorites list it puts it in the list as another separate system. I believe its due to the fact I edited the name of the system in my favorites list. So I guess what I am asking is how can I move the TGID/Channel to a different system on the Sentinel Favorites list. I hope this made sense, I can try and explain better if needed.

N1GTL

Database Admin
If you right click on the talk group you're looking to add, it should give you an option to put it in an existing Favorites List. Unless I am missing your request, it's fairly straight forward.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Click on the system in the left pane. A list of departments within that system should be displayed. If none are showing, click on the green plus sign to add a department. Click on the department in the left pane. If it is blank, click on the green plus sign to add a talkgroup. If you want to move a talkgroup from one system to another, you can right click on the talkgroup and select copy or do a Ctrl-c to copy it. Select the department in the other system and right click on the blank talkgroup and select paste or do a Ctrl-v to paste it. You will need to go back and delete the talkgroup in the original system.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
when I try and add another TGID from the “State Police” database into my already created favorites list it puts it in the list as another separate system.

Because when you right click on the tg, and choose, append to favorites list, its doing just that. Appending to a favorites list and not a specific system in a favorites list. Adding any tg to a list will add that tg, as well as all sites associated with that tg.

So I guess what I am asking is how can I move the TGID/Channel to a different system on the Sentinel Favorites list.
@ProScan lets users cut/paste Proscan.org. Otherwise, in Sentinel, its copy what you want, navigate to where you want it, paste what you want, then go back to where it was, and then delete.

Last edited:

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
It's an "Oh BY The Way" when doing that with Sentinel...
If you change the names of things the way you want (I do that too) and it does not match whats in the database, it will create a new one...
You either have to do it maually or use software like ProScan...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It's an "Oh BY The Way" when doing that with Sentinel...
If you change the names of things the way you want (I do that too) and it does not match whats in the database, it will create a new one...
You either have to do it maually or use software like ProScan...
Exactly. Once you rename the system you initially created, it no longer matches what is in the database, so your 'depend' of additional talkgroups goes into a new system, which has the same name as in the main database.

If you want to add to an existing system, then, first, rename it (in the Favorites Editor) so that it exactly matches the name in the source database. Then, do your added 'depend'. After that is done, you can go back & change the name back to what you prefer.

Or, as Dave & others have suggested, you can use ProScan to copy from one system to another in a Favorites list, or simply drag & drop the department with the additional talkgroups into your existing system. ProScan has a 30-day free trial period, if you've not installed it previously.
It has multiple features & capabilities that Sentinel does not, and supports multiple Uniden scanner models.