SDS100/SDS200: Unknown Department with Unknown TGID

Fubar

Premium Subscriber
I did try searching on this, unfortunately the terms are so common, it's possible I missed this being discussed previously amongst all the search results.

I entered in a new system called "Brandmeister DMR" and then added one department called "Brandmeister Network" that contains a bunch of BM talkgroups, and then added in a few local repeaters as sites.

When I upload it to the scanner, it shows the system has two departments, the one I created and one called "Unknown" and in the channel area it says "No stored TGID". The scanner does seem to scan the system I entered, cycling through all the repeaters (as sites), and I hear both the talkgroups I have entered and those I didn't into the department list. The system has ID searching set to on.

Did I mess something up?

UPDATE: If I set "ID searching" to off, the "unknown" department disappears. So perhaps some sort of weird bug/artifact for ID searching?

Ubbe

When I upload it to the scanner, it shows the system has two departments, the one I created and one called "Unknown" and in the channel area it says "No stored TGID".

UPDATE: If I set "ID searching" to off, the "unknown" department disappears. So perhaps some sort of weird bug/artifact for ID searching?
This is probably a new feature in the latest firmware and no bug.

If you see a TG that you have not programmed and are monitored due to the IDSearch selection, then if you push Enter it will probably automatically be stored in the default unknown department, if you don't scroll and select another department.

/Ubbe

mc48

Premium Subscriber
This is not new, it's been this way as long as I can remember. My 100 that has not been updated since Ver 1.21.00/1.02.01 (6-29-2022) does this.

Last edited:

Fubar

Premium Subscriber
I should have been more clear (sorry). It shows the "Unknown" even though the radio is not receiving any transmissions. I am manually clicking through the departments and it should only show the 1 department for the system, yet it shows the second department called "unknown" for some reason when the system is set to ID search.

I just checked, if I set one of the systems that's included in the master database to ID search, it too shows an extra department named "unknown" at the end of the department list. It must be some sort of internal placeholder to display unknown talkgroups that are discovered through TG search.

To replicate what I'm seeing, while the scanner is scanning:

Press system and rotate the selector to find a digital system, then press dept and cycle through the departments. When ID Search is off, you'll only see the departments configured for that system. When ID Search is on, you'll see one more department at the end of the list named "unknown"

It doesn't seem to hurt anything.