SDS100/SDS200: Sentinel software master database failure sds 100

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
When i try and update the sentinel software i get a updating full database failed operation is cancelled. The operation has timed out even though im connected to the internet is anyone having any problems updating their sds 100 database? How do i fix this error?

Attachments

• jjh.PNG
    jjh.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 7

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
Any recent Windows updates? It seems that Microsoft has a nasty habit of messing up settings without permission.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

HughesNet, Spectrum, T Mobile Home, and some others will cause that message. Sentinel uses FTP port 21 for updates, and some ISPs either block port 21, or have very high FTP latency times that cause that specific error. There are many posts in the forum about that, going back many years.

Spectrum has been known to intermittently cause that error. From reports here on RR, it does appear to affect a number of people using Spectrum, but only in certain areas of the country and not 100% of the time.... a lot of folks with Spectrum never have that problem.

You can check a number of those posts showing problems with Spectrum using this search link:

Something to try that others have used successfully as a workaround....... Set your smartphone as a hotspot, connect your computer to that hotspot instead of your home WiFi, and try the Sentinel update process again.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it depends on whether you are using the SPectrum-supplied modem (also known as JUNK) or your own modem.
I have never had an issue with Spectrum. I have used Spectrum since before Sentinel was ever released.