Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park Fire Net

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
I just made a database submission for this park. I had picked up from someone on the forums here that the use of the 172.5000/164.7500 net had something to do with fire. A copy of the Incident Radio Comm Plan for the Coffee Pot Fire became available to me. It showed this net as a dispatch net, on Moro Rock, as a net to be used on this incident. I added a bit of information to the submission that this is obviously for the Sequoia District of the park as Moro Rock has no coverage in the Kings Canyon District of the park. I almost labeled it as the Frontcountry Fire Net. but I know by my backcountry knowledge of that park that Moro Rock provides coverage of one major canyon of the park located mostly in the backcountry.

Further monitoring of this net is needed to confirm its use as either a frontcountry or backcountry net or both. The Coffee Pot Fire is still active so now is the time to monitor it.

Parts of the fire are covered by the Backcountry Net via the Paradise Repeater on 172.1125/166.0875 Tone 167.9 (T7). It and Moro Rock are listed as ways to contact dispatch. The Command Nets for this fire are NIFC Commands 5 & 8 (as listed in the database).

Last edited:
Reactions: B