Service center help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

I sent my BC996T in for repair on November 20, figuring it would take a month to repair, I just checked the status today only to find the think ISN'T in their database. I have sent other scanners in for repair, tracked them and got them back no problem. The scanner got there ok but now it can't6 be found. Due to my speech issues callinbg them is out of the question. I know UPMan says he really can't help folks one-on-one BUT I am doing something I haven't done in my 10+ years of posting on this board. I need some "special assistance" here folks

Thanks

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
I'd be happy to call on your behalf if you send me the details via PM. I am not sure what good that will do but it's something.

Maybe someone on here has a more direct line to customer support in Uniden?

I have not tested the experience enough to make a judgement call on the quaility of support however, I did send an email 5 days ago about a double billing when I purchased the Extreme upgrade for the HP-1. So far, no responses.

Kevin

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Your unit should ship out on 12/27.

(Our CS department noted your post and tracked down the status.)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Actually, my CS team is Fantastic...they both alerted me to this thread and provided the answer. All I had to do was type 7 or so words (the rest were bonus words).

kbehning

Premium Subscriber
I'd be happy to call on your behalf if you send me the details via PM. I am not sure what good that will do but it's something.

Maybe someone on here has a more direct line to customer support in Uniden?

I have not tested the experience enough to make a judgement call on the quaility of support however, I did send an email 5 days ago about a double billing when I purchased the Extreme upgrade for the HP-1. So far, no responses.

Kevin

What about Brumey? He's got an outstanding issue as well, though it might be a bit to passive to rely on email at this point instead of making a call.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
Don't worry about my issue. As of yesterday I was not double billed for the extreme update. I did not get a response to my email to customer service but no big deal. It would be if I was charged twice.

On that topic, if using IE 9 and purchasing the extreme update on line, just after clicking the purchase button, another dialog box appears. It said something like Show Content and a button to press. Doing so, results in what appears to be a duplicate transaction.

I will however Unidens customer support very high marks based on my experience yesterday. I needed to call with a couple of questions about importing and exporting favorites, merging versus overwriting. I also have a problem with the Uniden community forum which is not allowing me to post even though I am logged in.

Uniden support was very good. The hold time on on the phone was just about a minute. The CS rep was professional, communicated clearly, knew the product and answers without looking it up. All in all, a great experience. In this time of offshore support, it's pleasing to hear clearly spoken English by knowledgable individuals. This is a primary factor is me choosing Uniden for my next Radio purchase.

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We used to have our CS group in a foriegn country, but moved it back from Oklahoma to Texas about 8 years ago. :)

jaymatt1978

Ok yes I got that the unit should ship on 12/27 and that's great but now I got an e-mail saying the repair amount is $49.50,t doesn't give me anyway to pay it!!!!

bobriff

We used to have our CS group in a foriegn country, but moved it back from Oklahoma to Texas about 8 years ago. :)
I, for one, appreciate this.

As much as I like "Peggy" on the commercials, I'd rather talk to someone who can speak fluid English when I call for help.

Stamp out "Press 1 for English"!

jaymatt1978

If it sounds like I'm moaning at Uniden I\'m not. It's just that phone calls to people who can't understand me can be frustrating for them and me! I am VERY HAPPY with\ their Customer Service!! Thanks to UPMan for helping me out! Merry Christmas indeed

maalox

can anyone tell me when uniden ship you back the radio what carrier they use..

W9NES

You can send them a check, Money Order or you can call the Parts Department and pay by a credit card for the $49.50. As far as shipping you will get the radio sent back to you by Smartpost. The Radio will be delivered to your post office by Fed-x ground.Then you Postal carrier will deliver the radio to your mail box. I am a VIP Uniden Customer and I am a professional scanner user.I also recomend Uniden scanners to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.