Service/Function Tagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I have been monitoring a system for a few days and have confirmed that this talk group is used for Security Dispatch, Fire/EMS Dispatch, & Administration Dispatch. I was going to submit an update to the DB for this however I am stuck on what I should submit for the service tag. I checked the DB Admin handbook and I was thinking Multi-Dispatch. Can anyone share some input?

mciupa

Well, Multi should have Law Enforcement

From the DB Admin Handbook:

• Multi-Dispatch – For combined law enforcement and fire/EMS dispatch. This is a special case tag for operations that are combined as a matter of normal practice. Do not use this tag for interoperability channels, or combined Fire/EMS dispatch channels.
  • Multi-Tac – For combined law enforcement and fire/EMS tactical and on-scene communications. This is a special case tag for operations that are combined as a matter of normal practice. Do not use this tag for interoperability channels, or combined Fire/EMS tactical channels.
  • Multi-Talk – For combined law enforcement and fire/EMS tactical talk-around and car-to-car operations. This is a special case tag for operations that are combined as a matter of normal practice. Do not use this tag for interoperability channels, or combined Fire/EMS talk channels.

So, if you ask me since I don't see LE and I would say that Security takes priority.

Your local DB Admin will have final say, though.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Multi-Dispatch is fine.

I respectfully disagree that "security" would take priority over Fire/EMS. Fire/EMS are bona fide public safety functions, whereas security is pseudo-public safety function, certainly not on the same level as law enforcement or Fire/EMS.

In any event, we can substitute security for law enforcement here to arrive at Multi-Dispatch being the best choice.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Thank you. Its a very odd talkgroup, fire uses it for dispatching and response and security uses it for calling control to notify status and alarms then switches over to a secondary dispatch channel for main patrols. I will submit it as Multi-Dispatch

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thank you. Its a very odd talkgroup, fire uses it for dispatching and response and security uses it for calling control to notify status and alarms then switches over to a secondary dispatch channel for main patrols. I will submit it as Multi-Dispatch

Actually, it would depend on what the primary use of the talkgroup is, especially if it's a separate dispatcher.

If Security is doing their primary dispatch on another talkgroup and only using this talkgroup to notify Fire Dispatch of alarm status it should really be tagged Fire Dispatch. Many LE agencies have access to Fire Dispatch talkgroups and do advise the fire dispatcher of this and that as the need arises, but the primary function of the talkgroup is Fire Dispatch.

We try not to use the "Multi-XX" tags unless the talkgroup is truly used for multi-discipline functions (somewhat rare for a dispatch talkgroup); in this case it appears kind of a gray area so Multi-Dispatch can be used, but I'd suggest watching things to see how often the Security folks pop up and submitting a change if necessary. Consider whether the Security people are actually being dispatched for security-type stuff on this talkgroup, or are they only using it to advise the fire dispatcher of certain things; if it's only advisory, then Multi-Dispatch probably isn't appropriate.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
but I'd suggest watching things to see how often the Security folks pop up and submitting a change if necessary.
I haven't sent it in yet for this very reason. This morning there was a medical emergency on-site and they toned out on one channel but didn't respond on the channel I mentioned, instead, they went to and Fire/EMS Tac. Yesterday seems to be an isolated incident where fire was on Security Primary. I will continue to monitor and submit the correct information once it is all mapped out and correct.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Multi-Dispatch is fine.

I respectfully disagree that "security" would take priority over Fire/EMS. Fire/EMS are bona fide public safety functions, whereas security is pseudo-public safety function, certainly not on the same level as law enforcement or Fire/EMS.

In any event, we can substitute security for law enforcement here to arrive at Multi-Dispatch being the best choice.
Our local College Police go by Security they are campus Police but are called UTM Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.