Setting up Frequency Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRL-XM43

I tried that link, but didn't know what to do with the files. Read my subsequent replies.

-It is a compressed 7-zip file
-unzip it with 7-zip (if you don't have it install it)
-unzipped there are 3 files
-the pdf are the instructions
-the instructions say

Installation
Copy 'SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner.dll' to your SDR# folder
Update the 'Plugins.xml' file with the following line (if it has not been done):
<add key="Frequency Scanner" value="SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner.FrequencyScannerPlugin,SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner" />

Done!

KG5RF

-It is a compressed 7-zip file
-unzip it with 7-zip (if you don't have it install it)
-unzipped there are 3 files
-the pdf are the instructions
-the instructions say

Installation
Copy 'SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner.dll' to your SDR# folder
Update the 'Plugins.xml' file with the following line (if it has not been done):
<add key="Frequency Scanner" value="SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner.FrequencyScannerPlugin,SDRSharp.FrequencyScanner" />

Done!
WinRAR did it for me.

Now I just have to figure out how to do the scan properly. I have it working, but it needs a bit of fine tuning for my purposes. I have been testing using the US FM Broadcast band (88 - 108 MHz). Sometimes the scan will stop on a detected frequency and never restart. I want it to stop on a detected frequency, log it, move on to the next detected frequency and then stop at the end of the band rather than recycling.

morfis

Sometimes the scan will stop on a detected frequency and never restart.

SET autoskip on and to a short time

...... and then stop at the end of the band rather than recycling.

That isn't an option but it should be easy enough to stop it yourself as you watch it run......a scan of a busy band like Broadcast FM should only take a few seconds.

KG5RF

SET autoskip on and to a short time

Did that already. However, sometimes the scan still stops.

That isn't an option but it should be easy enough to stop it yourself as you watch it run......a scan of a busy band like Broadcast FM should only take a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.