Setting up Raspberry Pi and no audio

wannab1

Let me say upfront I’m not to high tech but I do enjoy learning more about techie stuff.

So I’m trying to set up my Raspberry Pi to stream a feed and hit a snag. I don’t seem to be getting audio in thru my usb sound card. I have the exact usb pictured on this page. Broadcastify Raspberry Pi Image - The RadioReference Wiki

I see the usb sound card in the mixer and changed the settings but apparently I’m not doing something correctly. Anyone have any ideas?

i tried another usb and same result.

DC31

Feed Provider
Some screenshots of what you have tried would help.

believe me, the problem is not the usb card.

Attachments

• IMG_3482.png
    IMG_3482.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 14

wannab1

here is the set up in Alsamixer and a little crop from the vox call I'm attempting to set up. I have a scanner hooked up with squelch opened up and the volume very high but no sign of sound.

Attachments

• bcfy - Copy.jpg
    bcfy - Copy.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 18

DC31

Feed Provider
here is the set up in Alsamixer and a little crop from the vox call I'm attempting to set up. I have a scanner hooked up with squelch opened up and the volume very high but no sign of sound.
Try selecting the center mic column then hitting your spacebar. MM means mute.

wannab1

A couple of things. For some reason space bar isn't toggling MM off but it will make the L...R Capture dissappear if I'm on it and hit the space bar.

I have 2 USB sound cards plugged in now and one doesn't have the MM so I changed the input between the two USB cards to see if the "audio level" would go up on either instance of voxcall but nothing.

Attachments

• bcfy - Copy (2).jpg
    bcfy - Copy (2).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 6

DC31

Feed Provider
Go back to the basics.

1. is your scanner/radio outputting audio? Plug a speaker or earbuds into it and listen.
2. are you plugged into the mic jack on your sound card, not the headphones jack?
3. is your audio cable working and firmly plugged in on both ends? Test it on some other devices.

wannab1

I'm going to have to buy you a beer for all the help.

The scanner is putting out audio (tested with earbuds) and I am in the mic jack, tested the other jack too just to be sure.

DC31

Feed Provider

wannab1

Have a second SD card on the way. In the meantime, I plugged one into my Windows computer to rule out the card 100%. I found that the level was super low like it barely showed up on the meter but would disappear completely if I turned it down the least from full volume. I'm not sure what to make of this....................

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
I had the same issue and I had to go through several cheap USB sound cards to get one that worked properly. Also, if you have any noise filters or isolators on your aux line, that can also hinder it as well.