Shared Area Radio Agreement (SARA)

Guldnerk

Premium Subscriber
Since SARA is taking over the state can we get this thread pinned like the one for ISICS?

Curious if anyone has a UID Unit ID listing for the SARA Network so I don't have to recreate the wheel?

5715006 - Linn County AREA Dispatch
5790050 - AREA Automated Dispatch
5723175 - Marion Engine 93
5720002 - Marion Fire Dispatch

timsheff

Premium Subscriber
Since SARA is taking over the state can we get this thread pinned like the one for ISICS?

Curious if anyone has a UID Unit ID listing for the SARA Network so I don't have to recreate the wheel?

5715006 - Linn County AREA Dispatch
5790050 - AREA Automated Dispatch
5723175 - Marion Engine 93
5720002 - Marion Fire Dispatch

Here's my SARA list:

Anyone figured out TalkGroup 50651??? Sounds like Benton CO Roads/DOT......

Attachments

• SARA Rids.txt
    82.3 KB · Views: 9

Guldnerk

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why or that comment needed to be challenged in anyway. As Tim stated it does have quite a bit of interest around the state. Just wanted to open up a channel to discuss the SARA System in the same way that ISICS is setup on this forum. I have personally learned a lot from others about the SARA System and I am very thankful.

timsheff

Premium Subscriber
I count 20 counties with sites in the RR database. Is there a magical number count that must be reached??? To me it's not important.

RR list these as public state trunk systems:

1722784049734.png
If you omit ORION (that has very little Iowa imprint) and the deprecated sites, that leaves ISICS and SARA. Seems significant enough and covers some pretty large populated areas..... I feel it would have more interest than the "Looking for frequencies? Look Here First!" that hasn't had a post since 2015.

But, no big deal.......

Guldnerk

Premium Subscriber
I count 20 counties with site in the RR database. Is there a magical number count that must be reached??? To me it's not important.

View attachment 166994
If you omit ORION (that has very little Iowa imprint) and the deprecated sites, that leaves ISICS and SARA. Seems significant enough and covers some pretty large populated areas.....

But, no big deal.......
The Benton County (Atkins) locations in ISICS also no longer utilize ISICS since SARA was implemented. Poweshiek is in the process now.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Not sure why or that comment needed to be challenged in anyway. As Tim stated it does have quite a bit of interest around the state. Just wanted to open up a channel to discuss the SARA System in the same way that ISICS is setup on this forum. I have personally learned a lot from others about the SARA System and I am very thankful.
Because it's a small regional system that operates in only a portion of the state. If every "regional" radio system were to get a sticky on RR, every forum would be full of stickied posts.

The RACOM network never had a thread stuck to the top. There is nothing preventing you from posting about SARA, asking your questions about SARA, and perhaps most importantly, using the search feature to find information about SARA.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I count 20 counties with sites in the RR database. Is there a magical number count that must be reached??? To me it's not important.

View attachment 166994
If you omit ORION (that has very little Iowa imprint) and the deprecated sites, that leaves ISICS and SARA. Seems significant enough and covers some pretty large populated areas..... I feel it would have more interest than the "Looking for frequencies? Look Here First!" that hasn't had a post since 2015.

But, no big deal.......
That thread hasn't had a post since 2015 because it's locked....

By this logic, we should have stickied posts for ORION, Electronic Engineering, Iowa Electric Power Cooperative, STARCOM21, Midamerican Energy, Whatever Minnesota calls their system Etc...

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The Benton County (Atkins) locations in ISICS also no longer utilize ISICS since SARA was implemented. Poweshiek is in the process now.
All 99 counties are utilizing ISICS... They're required to do so by state law. They may not have daily operations on ISICS, but all counties are on ISICS.