Shots Fired/Barricaded Subjects Elkridge, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

blee1099

Howard County Police and Maryland State police involved in a shots fired/barricaded subjects in a vehicle at Race Road & Furnace Avenue in Elkridge, MD. BPD Foxtrot flying overhead.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
What was the resolution of this incident? Did the Bearcat belong to HoCo or AACo? Why was the BPD helicopter involved - did this incident originate in Baltimore City, or does HoCo police have an arrangement with BPD since HoCo ended their aviation program?

UPDATE: Reading news coverage, the incident started in Baltimore County when county officers attempted to arrest the occupants of the vehicle who were under surveillance for an earlier shooting. Gunfire was exchanged with the officers apparently hitting two suspects before they fled into Howard County where the standoff occurred.

Last edited:

blee1099

What was the resolution of this incident? Did the Bearcat belong to HoCo or AACo? Why was the BPD helicopter involved - did this incident originate in Baltimore City, or does HoCo police have an arrangement with BPD since HoCo ended their aviation program?

UPDATE: Reading news coverage, the incident started in Baltimore County when county officers attempted to arrest the occupants of the vehicle who were under surveillance for an earlier shooting. Gunfire was exchanged with the officers apparently hitting two suspects before they fled into Howard County where the standoff occurred.

Bearcat belongs to HCPD. In regards to Foxtrot, I think Maryland state police or HCPD asked for aviation help and they were the ones who were currently up in the air. They had N454F up tracking the chase along I-95 & RT 100 before returning another Foxtrot helo came to relieve it. Yea Howard county ended their aviation unit, their current county executive axed it once he came into office. There has been tons of cases where no aviation support was available because of other agencies requirements for flying were not met. For the amount of money they saved according to press reports (~300K), its not worth the loss considering the county gives money away yearly to Merriweather Post for security & traffic. I've heard from some people who were directly involved the operating cost was inflated in the report. The average response time for HCPD aviation was around 7 minutes, AA county and other agencies aren't even close to see that kind of response time. From a reliable source who works for AA county, AACO PD most times will not respond to HCPD requests. From what I remember there were shots fired early in the incident way before the crash.

RDGDigital

This may be a stupid question but what is IPN?

I believe he is referring to the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.