Should the 160 MHz NJT PD Freqs be Deprecated

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
To add to RadioDitch I see no RR going NXDN on a mainline for years to come (others have said yes, but I have yet to see it). At a regional RR meeting with all the area RR's and the fact that the Class I's said were are not going ultra-narrow plus with the FCC now not pushing it I don't see anytime soon.
On another note the AAR licensing division is no longer requiring to have NXDN on new licenses. 2 new licenses issues last year to us had the NXDN emission stripped because it would be heard by another RR who was not 70+ miles away who was operating in carrier squelch.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
On another note the AAR licensing division is no longer requiring to have NXDN on new licenses.

The AAR really only narrowbanded cause the FCC leaned on them to. Digital was the solution to "needing" to get down to 6.25kHz. There was no other practical emission at that bandwidth. However, it basically comes down to the same reason the rush to evacuate T-band is kind of pointless now. The mobile broadband carriers who the FCC was trying so hard to bend over backwards for filed comment saying that they have no use for anything below 800MHz, and don't really want it. And with 5G LTE GSM TDMA becoming the standard of the moment, they're all actively building MSC and MSE infrastructures and cell sites to operate anywhere between 25GHz and 300GHz, with such a huge investment you can expect them not to do an about face since they're so deep into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.