Shrewsbury/Worcester systems on CoMIRS

beaterbox

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone here monitoring Shrewsbury on the CoMIRS system? When using my SDS200, the audio isn't the greatest. It seems muffled, especially with the police dispatch. The other talk groups for Fire, DPW, OPs channel etc sound pretty good. I've tried using all the filters and I don't see any improvement with them.

Also, the Worcester talk groups sound much clearer, but the audio levels are all over the place... loud, soft etc. I haven't gotten to the point of adjusting the talk group volume levels individually, although I may try that next.

If anyone has experience with these systems, and has suggestions for improvement, I'd love to hear them, thanks!

beaterbox

Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised no one here has any guidance on monitoring these 2 systems. Compared to my SDS100, the audio is much better on 100... clearer and better audio levels. Maybe the SDS200 just has a crappy speaker.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Hi Beaterbox,
Sorry for the delay in response, been away. Yes, I've noticed the issue with SPD's audio sounding muddy myself. I don't think there is much you can do on your end.

On the Worc talkgroups, I haven't noticed the levels you mention. Are the TDMA groups sounding different than the FDMA and that's what you're hearing?

I only listen to them when I am up in the area on my SDS 100.
-- Mike

beaterbox

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike!

Appreciate the reply!

Since you've experienced the same, I'd have to agree with you. As for Worcester, it's been sounding pretty good lately... could have just been bad signal strength for a period of time or some other oddity.

DeoVindice

P25 Underground
Hi Mike!

Appreciate the reply!

Since you've experienced the same, I'd have to agree with you. As for Worcester, it's been sounding pretty good lately... could have just been bad signal strength for a period of time or some other oddity.
Worcester has been rolling out new N70 portables, I know some tinkering was done with audio settings so that may explain variable levels.