SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 drops last .5 second of each received audio

billpritjr

Hello !

Scenario:

Just purchased a preowned and operating SDS100 from a reputable Ham Radio store and it is all updated per Sentinel software to latest firmware. Also own the SDS200, which does not have this issue. Possibly a setting in my SDS100 is the problem. I programmed my SDS100 identical to the SDS200, using ProScan. 99% of my scanner monitoring is P25 Trunked Phase-II systems. My SDS200 is programmed accordingly and working well.

What happens:

Upon receiving a transmission/broadcast on the SDS100, the last half second or so of the transmission is cut off. Monitoring the same system, side by side with my SDS200, and Unication G4, confirms this. Multiple antennas (including Uniden stock antenna), different locations in house, etc etc stuff, do not change this behavior. Changing to completely different P25 systems results in the same behavior.

RSSI levels between both the SDS100 and SDS200 are approximately the same.

Audio will occasionally drop out for a half second in the middle of a transmission also.

It is almost like the squelch is too high and the transmission is not breaking thru the threshold, but squelch is in fact at zero (0).

If anyone has information or advice regarding this, it is appreciated.

Thank you

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I programmed my SDS100 identical to the SDS200, using ProScan. 99% of my scanner monitoring is P25 Trunked Phase-II systems.

Upon receiving a transmission/broadcast on the SDS100, the last half second or so of the transmission is cut off.

I know you said they are programmed the same, but on the 100, are and of the delay settings set to a minus value?

1706291081675.png