Siren Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOFA_KING

I just caught my iPhone in the act of an automatic update on the Siren app. Version is now 1.1.2.

Looking around here for information didn't show any recent posts about this. Is this new? If so, I wonder what changed.

Phil

ecarvalho

You recently installed Siren? 1.1.2 is the last version update from about a year ago:

7b6e19f4ff1875e5e4cf75271975fcb7.png

dallascowboys

Uniden Siren App

Good Morning,
I just downloaded the siren app how does this work do I hook my scanner to the phone to download what I want or do I use Sentinel please help new to this ?
Thanks

dallascowboys

Uniden Siren

Ok thanks so after doing this I will have what is in my scanner on my phone, and will be able to listen on my phone as well on my scanner ? What I am asking is I can walk around and listen on my phone but when I am home I can listen to everything on my scanner , again new at this thanks for all the help and how do I enable the wifi on my scanner ?

ecarvalho

You will hear on both radio and phone. The phone will be delayed compared to the radio.

First plug your WiFi dongle to the radio. Press menu a look for the WiFi menu. From there things are pretty self explanatory. If you require further help I'd let someone else help you as Im away from home now and can't remember all the steps.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Siren still does not work proper;y with favorite lists. This is one of the things that annoys me becasue I would love to put the 536 back in the car.

ecarvalho

Siren still does not work proper;y with favorite lists. This is one of the things that annoys me becasue I would love to put the 536 back in the car.

I thought favs were enabled / disabled via Siren based on GPS location? Or was I wishing that?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks so after doing this I will have what is in my scanner on my phone, and will be able to listen on my phone as well on my scanner ? What I am asking is I can walk around and listen on my phone but when I am home I can listen to everything on my scanner , again new at this thanks for all the help and how do I enable the wifi on my scanner ?

At this point, you will only receive "scanner stuff" on your smartphone when you are in range of your home's router, assuming you are using infrastructure mode. (Access Point mode doesn't have a very far reach).

I have my scanner in my upstairs office. I can listen to it around the house and it is convenient that way.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I thought favs were enabled / disabled via Siren based on GPS location? Or was I wishing that?

Favorites Lists are indeed enabled/disabled with location control (assuming Location Control is On and you use a GPS device if you move around).

Favorites List Quick Keys can be turned On or Off (thus disabling their scanning) via Sentinel, though there are some bugs with higher numbered FLQKs.

It is "hair splitting" but there is a difference. . .

cm205

It has been over two years since an update of the iOS Siren app, and it's rapidly coming up on a year since the Android version was released. Has there been any information on further development, or has Uniden thrown in the towel on its promised increases (the UPMan-referenced V2, V3, etc.) in capability?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd say someone who is handy at developing iPhone and Android apps ought to make Upman and offer, perhaps swapping development for scanners. Plus having someone who is a scanner/Siren app user developing something else might be a good thing.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
I'd say someone who is handy at developing iPhone and Android apps ought to make Upman and offer, perhaps swapping development for scanners. Plus having someone who is a scanner/Siren app user developing something else might be a good thing.

That would indicate Uniden acutely cares about customer service. Which from what I been experiencing in last two weeks. is big fat no.

wise871

Database Admin
Uniden is all about the all mighty dollar. I'm glad agencies are encrypting. Pretty soon the scanner will become a thing of the past and no more over promised scanners with incomplete software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOFA_KING

Uniden is all about the all mighty dollar. I'm glad agencies are encrypting. Pretty soon the scanner will become a thing of the past and no more over promised scanners with incomplete software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I guess my phone was really slow to automate pickup the update. And I was kind of hoping some advances were made. I should have know better.

If you look around at all the major hobby radio companies, even the ew digital types, everything has slowed or frozen. Units that were promised a year or more ago didn't make it. I believe it's because of the stagnant economy for the middle class that doesn't have the disposable income they once had. Not a good sign.

Phil

EMTJD

Although I use Siren in my car, on my iPhone 7, it seems that most of the (possible) functions don’t work. The only functions that DO work are “Hold” and “Resume Scan”. To be honest, those are the only things I really need to do, however it would be nice of all of the other functions that show in the display, which replicates the HP1 or HP2 display, did work as they do in the HP units.

I’m curious as to why there is a “Squelch” tab on Siren, because the squelch is a rotary knob on the radio. Even if that function DID work on Siren, how would it affect the radio, since it is knob-controlled?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Although I use Siren in my car, on my iPhone 7, it seems that most of the (possible) functions don’t work. The only functions that DO work are “Hold” and “Resume Scan”. To be honest, those are the only things I really need to do, however it would be nice of all of the other functions that show in the display, which replicates the HP1 or HP2 display, did work as they do in the HP units.

I’m curious as to why there is a “Squelch” tab on Siren, because the squelch is a rotary knob on the radio. Even if that function DID work on Siren, how would it affect the radio, since it is knob-controlled?
The squelch work as it would on the scanner same with the volume.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

The knob is just a rotary encoder. Squelch is controlled by software, and the squelch value can come from the encoder or an external command.

Status
Not open for further replies.