skip time question

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

what are the best times of the day to listen to skip? i can hear chp here clear as a bell sometimes during the day but none after sun set its like the band just closes us after sunset and i dont hear any skip what so ever then

Septa3371CSX1

what are the best times of the day to listen to skip? i can hear chp here clear as a bell sometimes during the day but none after sun set its like the band just closes us after sunset and i dont hear any skip what so ever then

Depends on the type of skip. Sporadic e-skip (which occurs with lowband usually) can happen at just about anytime of day. In my area it tends to happen mostly between May and August and I often catch it in the early evening hours before sunset though I have gotten it at other times of day. Tropo ducting I often get as well with VHF High Band and UHF frequencies. This is a common occurrence that usually happens a few hours after sunset (usually around 22:00-23:00) and then again in the morning after sunrise (usually between 07:30 and 09:30) especially after a good temperature swing. I've also caught skip in these bands when a frontal boundary is across the area.

So in essence, skip can happen just about anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.