Smiley Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevig

Recently purchased this antenna. Wow is all I can say. Made a big improvement in my railroad monitoring. I'm two blocks away from the tracks. My apartment complex recently replaced all the siding on my building. In the process they put up that foam insulation board, with foil overlay. In other words, turned my humble domicile into a faraday cage. LOL.

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
I have the same antenna and it does indeed work well. Sorry to hear about what happened to your apartment. Have you come up with any solutions?

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Very nice. I have the 170 MHz 5/8 wave on I use on some Motorola CP200s. Puts out a great signal on the transmit side as well. Talked through houses and office buildings across town.

thevig

I have the same antenna and it does indeed work well. Sorry to hear about what happened to your apartment. Have you come up with any solutions?

When I get an SDS200, I will be installing a base antenna on the outside balcony. I'm on a second floor, and no antenna restrictions from management.

K4AOL

Premium Subscriber
When I get an SDS200, I will be installing a base antenna on the outside balcony. I'm on a second floor, and no antenna restrictions from management.
Saw a youtube video a ham mounted a 2 meter antenna in a flower pot then wrapped in burlap and added a few fake plastic branches. If you search youtube wont be hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.