retiredfinally
Member
Hi:
I recently got the BCD396XT and finding it really quite amazing. It took me some time to get the hang of it and to finally get the "nerve" to programme the P25 for Metrolinx (GO Transit).
I'm not too confident I set it up right (especially the sites part, I don't think I did this at all right) but found some excellent tutorials and webpages over that incredibly terrible CD manual that really helped (liked Marks Scanner pages).
When I entered in all the GO freqs, I only wanted the rail network. But with some intensive listening today (and showing off the scanner to a few buddies of mine at GO) I somehow have gotten the bus routes and chatter in there.
Do the buses and rail share the same the freqs? Can the bus chatter be blocked out for only the rail? I never programmed the buses (102, 103 etc) but when scanning I see ID: 102 and so on. And one other I keep seeing and hearing is ID: 9999 but I don't recall that on any of the RR sheets. And why does the odd channel sound like they are underwater?
Anyway, hope maybe someone can clear up the above a little - I've been trying to sort it all out myself without bugging anyone but I'm afraid I need some direction. Thanks,
Rob
I recently got the BCD396XT and finding it really quite amazing. It took me some time to get the hang of it and to finally get the "nerve" to programme the P25 for Metrolinx (GO Transit).
I'm not too confident I set it up right (especially the sites part, I don't think I did this at all right) but found some excellent tutorials and webpages over that incredibly terrible CD manual that really helped (liked Marks Scanner pages).
When I entered in all the GO freqs, I only wanted the rail network. But with some intensive listening today (and showing off the scanner to a few buddies of mine at GO) I somehow have gotten the bus routes and chatter in there.
Do the buses and rail share the same the freqs? Can the bus chatter be blocked out for only the rail? I never programmed the buses (102, 103 etc) but when scanning I see ID: 102 and so on. And one other I keep seeing and hearing is ID: 9999 but I don't recall that on any of the RR sheets. And why does the odd channel sound like they are underwater?
Anyway, hope maybe someone can clear up the above a little - I've been trying to sort it all out myself without bugging anyone but I'm afraid I need some direction. Thanks,
Rob