Southampton Town PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj5

I did a county/state search on FCC, because the one frequncy listed in the datbase here, produces nothing, and I am two blocks from the police tower. I looked at the frequencies for the Southampton Town PD, and I get http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws...?db_id=19&link=13768572&key=0&callsign=KP6953

Are those frequencies? They look like talk-group id's to me??? Any ideas. If they are talk-group Id's what trunking system are they on?

Last edited:

cj5

Some help

Yeah that was some help in getting more frequencies, but surprisingly they are all quiet. It's Memorial Day in the Hamptons, and the airwaves should be flooded with traffic. I'm at a loss here.

D

DaveNF2G

The frequencies for KP6953 are microwave. They might be for the police department's radar units.

Is there a chance that Southampton is using the Suffolk County trunked system?

IW_RADIO

The microwave link frequencies are for the MDT units. Southampton Township PD still uses VHF repeater channels that were formally used by SCPD. They are supposed to move onto the SCPD controlled 800 MHz trunk radio system very soon. As for Southampton Village PD (which is separate from the township PD) I do not know what their future plans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.