SouthMetro tower 28??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

The other day I saw this tower trunk rolling up Belleview, it looked like they took a normal firetruck and put a tower body on it. Has anyone else seen this truck? I THINK is had a 28 board in the holder, sorry CRS kicking up!

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
south metro truck 28

I also saw it kinda looks like a full set up class A pumper with an airial ladder added
sucker seems fast also

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
You sure it said southmetro? Southmetro is numbered in the 30's.... I can't think of anyone down here that is in the 20's. But then I don't pay any attention to anyone other than southmet, cunningham and aurora in this area.

cstockmyer

k0pwo said:
You sure it said southmetro? Southmetro is numbered in the 30's.... I can't think of anyone down here that is in the 20's. But then I don't pay any attention to anyone other than southmet, cunningham and aurora in this area.

It might be 38..it was headed East on Belleview and it might of turned south on Quebec...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
It might be 38..it was headed East on Belleview and it might of turned south on Quebec...

That would make sense for Squirt-38.

Jim<

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Look like this?

Did it look something like this? This is Pueblo's Engine 4. Engine 2 is identical. They are usually called "quints". They have full pumper capabilities, and the ladder. They may or may not have the full ground ladder complement of a regualr ladder truck.

Attachments

• newE4.jpg
    newE4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 137

cstockmyer

firescannerbob said:
Did it look something like this? This is Pueblo's Engine 4. Engine 2 is identical. They are usually called "quints". They have full pumper capabilities, and the ladder. They may or may not have the full ground ladder complement of a regualr ladder truck.

I want to say it had a bucket on it. It just looked like they took a tower and put it on a pumper body.

cstockmyer

jimmnn said:
That would make sense for Squirt-38.

Jim<

Station 38 is next to Cherry hills PD..What station in just up the street from Greenwood City hall?? And would they have need of a tower there?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
cstockmyer said:
I want to say it had a bucket on it. It just looked like they took a tower and put it on a pumper body.

Got it. It's possible to have a ladder truck with full pumper capbilities, but they tend to be a) very expensive, and b) very heavy. Might it just have had a whole bunch of compartments, or did you see a pump panel? Now you've got me curious. I always new those metro Denver departments weren't hurting for money, but man...

cstockmyer

firescannerbob said:
Got it. It's possible to have a ladder truck with full pumper capbilities, but they tend to be a) very expensive, and b) very heavy. Might it just have had a whole bunch of compartments, or did you see a pump panel? Now you've got me curious. I always new those metro Denver departments weren't hurting for money, but man...

Would it be bad to walk into the station on Quebec and ask to take a pic of their equipment?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
cstockmyer said:
Would it be bad to walk into the station on Quebec and ask to take a pic of their equipment?

Depends on the crew, department policy and if they've got other things going on. Most don't mind, and engineers like to show off thier ride. Couldn't hurt to ask.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
firescannerbob said:
Depends on the crew, department policy and if they've got other things going on. Most don't mind, and engineers like to show off thier ride. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Especially if you ask the engineers nicely.>>

Jim<

MikeyB

firescannerbob said:

A couple of years ago, I went door to door to every fire station in the Denver/Colorado Springs areas and did just that. I asked them if they would pull out their rigs for me to take pictures. I must have gone to over 100 stations doing this, and with the exception of 2 stations, I was treated with respect and they gladly pulled them out. And only once did they refuse to pull them out. I even got a tour of the DIA stations a while back doing the same thing.

Speaking of South Metro, I saw Ladder 32 driving around and they must have gotten a new one. I would love to see that one posted if you got a picture of it!

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
MikeyB said:
A couple of years ago, I went door to door to every fire station in the Denver/Colorado Springs areas and did just that. I asked them if they would pull out their rigs for me to take pictures. I must have gone to over 100 stations doing this, and with the exception of 2 stations, I was treated with respect and they gladly pulled them out. And only once did they refuse to pull them out. I even got a tour of the DIA stations a while back doing the same thing.

The way I look at it, the taxpayers paid $$$$$$$ for the apparatus, they trust me to drive it, and the least I can do is show them what they got for the money.

cstockmyer

I have a pic...it just won't fit here, is there someone I can send it to that has an edit program to re size to fit here?

fairrpe86

As far as 20's go that would be Englewood. I was talking to medic from SMFR and he said that they are replacing all of their ariels. They have E-1's right now but I cant remember what company they are going to now. They have ordered a number of them but 32's is the only one in service right now.

cstockmyer

fairrpe86 said:
As far as 20's go that would be Englewood. I was talking to medic from SMFR and he said that they are replacing all of their ariels. They have E-1's right now but I cant remember what company they are going to now. They have ordered a number of them but 32's is the only one in service right now.

Ok I lied..South Metro ladder 32. I have the pic..just don't have the right software to make it smaller for here.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
fairrpe86 said:

Getting rid of E-1 is a good idea. We've got just one, and what a POS. On the other hand, our Pierces are great. I'm hearing great stuff about Rosenbaur, but haven't had a chance to drive one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.