St Augustine and St John's County

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I have all the frequencies programmed, the P25 and the EDACS channels for the State, but hear nothing. I see a signal on both, but no audio.
What is wrong? the St Augustine PD is right down from where I am staying. Thanks. Uniden BCD 436 is what I am using.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
If you're inquiring about this system, simulcast distortion may be the likely culprit as the same traffic on the same frequencies are simulcast across many towers at the same time. You're likely within listening range to two or more simulcasting towers which would cause the issue you described on most trunking scanners. You'd have better luck using an SDS100 as these scanners were designed to mitigate the effects of LSM simulcast distortion
1675366643568.png

Also the sheriff's office & St Augustine PD talkgroups are all fully encrypted (mode "DE") so you won't be able to monitor them on any scanner, PERIOD. Only mode "D" talkgroups can be monitored

Last edited:

zlandmedia

not that florida man
All state traffic for SLERS, both P25 and EDACS, is encrypted.

You're in St. Augustine, so you might be able to hear the channel for the Florida School for the Death and Blind's buses.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
St Johns P25 is a touchy system plagued by simulcast distortion. Your nearest tower is on Old Moultrie Road, 1.3 miles from the St Augustine PD station. Try moving the scanner around.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Slers edacs you can hear the d&b sch bus only. The p25 for sjc the 436 has a hard time keeping up with site 2 since it simulcast. I know cause I had one years ago and when I traveled to sa/sjc it’s a hit miss.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
First of all, if you are trying to listen to St John's County, the SLERS system does not apply. Program the St Johns P25 System and the COUNTY simulcast only. Fire-Rescue is clear. I can pick up Duval, Flager and St Johns clear as day on a Unication G5 on their systems.

editorabc

Premium Subscriber
I am unclear as to where there is a simulcast site...I only see 2 sites, St Augustine 001 and St Johns 002. I must be missing something, as I also cannot hear SJFR transmissions from St Johns County. I am at the extreme north end of Flagler.

Last edited:

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Site 001 is the "Air" site. It is located near I95 & SR16. For a long time the Fire Primary TG 10000 was broadcast on it but it's been quiet for a few months now.