St. Clair County Sheriff Info!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThornyI

I live in Cottrellville Twp. in St. Clair County, my mailing adress is Marine City, am I patroled by sheriff or Marine City PD? Thanks

Tophtoh

RE:

Do you have any idea what unit? 249? Maybe.. and also, does anyone know where the sheriff repeaters are. I'm sure there is one in Port Huron. I'm by Algonac and I have very hard time picking SCCS up on my portable. Even on my desktop if it's not in the right location.

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
St Clair County

Tophtoh,

Since my parents moved to St Clair Co, I have done alot of checking into their radio systems. I believe there are 2 transmitters in use now. Often I will hear dispatch loud & clear on 1 transmission, then broken when talking to a north end unit. I live in northern Macomb Co, which butts up against St Clair Co. As far as '29', it goes by several names. It starts in New Baltimore as 23 Mile rd. Then it becomes Dixie Hwy, and I believe Point Tremble in the Algonac area, then M-29 thru Port Huron.

If you haven't already been told, below is a wonderful link for St Clair Co as well as most of Metro Detroit.

http://www.bouwkamp.net/miscanner/#freqlists

Hope my 2 cents helped a little.....

-Phil

Tophtoh

I apologize, I mistyped, what I meant to say was, what unit works Route 29 between Algonac and Marine City? (Cottrellville Twp. to be exact), but thank you for your help. It's very appreciated. :oops: I have also noticed dispatch loud and clear sometimes and not other. I think it is because they have two radios. The normal radio on 460.350 PL 173.8, and the other when the dispatcher steps away or is in another part of the center they use another radio which transmits on 465.350 173.8 then goes to the repeater. If they're transmitting 100 watts direct, you're going to hear them much better than off a 70-watt repeater. Depending on how close you are to a site that is. Because the communication sucks so bad I think there's a need for them to be direct, but that is just my opinion.

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
Cottrellville Twp

No problem. That makes sense about the radios. I believe Cottrellville Twp is in the Marine City jurisdiction. The call signs for Marine City units are 36x and 37x, dispatched by the sheriff's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.