Starcom21

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley2006

I have had a BC246T for several years and programmed it for several EDACS systems, since the local LEO's went from VHF to 800MHZ, now they have gone to the Starcom21 system, using the 700MHZ along with the 800MHZ band. From what I read the BC15X is a base model having the 700 band and the BCD396XT is a handheld using the 700 band. Is the BC15X obsolete? Any suggestions on what to buy to pickup the Starcom21 system in Illinois?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Starcom21 is P25 digital. The BCT15X is analog only (does not do digital).

You would need the BCD996XT which is the base/mobile version of the BCD396XT.

Move your cursor over "Wiki" in the blue bar at the top of the page. In the drop down menu click on "Radio Models".

Then click "Category: Uniden Scanners". Each scanner has an information page with all it's features and useful links.

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
In your area "Eastcom" went from the Will Co Edacs to Starcom BUT, there "ENCripted " now and no scanner will receive them....There using TG2576 on SCom and "as mentioned "ENC"....You can purchase a digital scanner and hear a lot on Starcom of other talk groups but not Peotone,Beecher, Monee, Crete , Stegar or So Ch Hts....Like Cook Co, Joliet (my city) were SOL.....

Status
Not open for further replies.