Stark County users -- Jackson Local Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks,

We have gotten a couple submissions regarding Jackson County Schools. DMR. I'm guessing these sites/locations will be part of a conventional DMR networked system, where traffic on various TGs may be heard only at a particular site (like at a certain school) or may be rebroadcast across multiple sites (such as buses and alerts). For now it's added as a conventional DMR networked system. There are multiple talkgroups in use.

Would appreciate it if anyone up in the area of Jackson Local Schools could try monitoring and determining talkgroups / talkgroup usage / color codes for repeaters / etc.

I can't say for sure, but down the road these sites may have to be removed from a "conventional DMR networked system" and added as single repeaters in the DB, or not. Only those with the ability to monitor will be able to tell that.

WRCG395

464.2375 color code 13 -- transmitter on water tower in up North Canton
- reported bus traffic on numerous talkgroups

WRCG397

461.6875 - unknown color code -- Jackson High School (reportedly maintenance - but no talkgroups submitted)
461.9875 - unknown color code -- Jackson High School (reportedly administration - but no talkgroups submitted)
463.2875 - unknown color code -- Jackson Memorial Middle School
464.1625 - unknown color code -- Amherst Elementary School
462.0875 - unknown color code -- Lake Cable Elementary School
461.3875 - unknown color code -- Sauder Elementary School
464.0125 - unknown color code -- Strausser Elementary School

There is a high likelihood that all of the locations on WRCG397 are part of a "conventional DMR networked" system, where some talkgroups may be local to a site and some talkgroups may be heard across all sites.

It is unknown if the buses heard on WRCG395 are part of a conventional DMR networked system or if it is a standalone repeater not linked with any others and just used for buses.

Would appreciate people in these areas attempting to gather some information on the color codes and talkgroups and activities heard on these sites, and then post findings here so that we can figure things out.

Thanks

Mike

MattNSmith

Feed Provider
Okay a quick update here if this would help anything. What I have noticed is that radios that are on the system appear to be the Motorola XPR 3500 or 3500e, 7550 or 7550e, and 4550. This leads me to think that it may be a MotoTRBO System based on the radios and the usage case.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Okay a quick update here if this would help anything. What I have noticed is that radios that are on the system appear to be the Motorola XPR 3500 or 3500e, 7550 or 7550e, and 4550. This leads me to think that it may be a MotoTRBO System based on the radios and the usage case.

If you look at what is in the database that I added today (link sent to you and also above), you'll see it's listed as DMR. MotoTRBO is just Motorola's brand name for their DMR. It doesn't come in to play here. It's DMR.

For anyone reading this thread, we need color codes for each listed repeater that we don't already know the color code for, and then we need to know what talkgroups are heard (and on what sites) as well as a description of that talkgroup's usage before we can enter any talkgroups.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.