starrsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Being discussed for long time here.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
No, but you can at least see the site at the last archived page. I clicked on [Download] for Win500 and a zip file pop-up box appeared. I doubt if it will download and I didn't want to try it. You might - who knows?
The download does work. I tried it just for kicks. I was surprised it worked.

I don't think you will ever get a registration key though if you pay for it from what I've read. People must dispute the charge with their payment provider in order to get their money refunded.
It's a shame as Don's software was simple but it worked very well for the few models he supported.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The download does work. I tried it just for kicks. I was surprised it worked.

I don't think you will ever get a registration key though if you pay for it from what I've read. People must dispute the charge with their payment provider in order to get their money refunded. It's a shame as Don's software was simple but it worked very well for the few models he supported.

Been using Win92, Win96 and Win500 for years; I just downloaded safety copies to make sure I have everything.

Heaven forbid I lose my software keys; if he's planning to shut down, perhaps he would release the money-ware to public domain with a generic key so those who appreciate his products can continue to use them?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just not sure I trust the Win500 software from what I have read.

Do Not Trust it at this point, there have been too many issues with people trying to pay for the Win500 Key.

Status
Not open for further replies.