State Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
The Nebraska State Fair starts Aug 25 and runs through Labor Day weekend.

Do they run on the Lincoln EDACS system or do they use some conventional freq for like Security / PD at the fair grounds?

twister19

Who knows, its Lincoln we are talking about, they will probably bring the substandard radio equpiment :p .....ooo burn....

No in all reality they might use their spare edacs radios that are stored at the football stadium for their extra man power and other agencies that will be there.

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
In the past Nebraska State Patrol has used a talkgroup on the Lancaster county trunked system. You can expect them on 12-066 (Ch. 25). Medical used their standard dispatch channels as well as their talkaround 14-063 (Med A).
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=623

Parking and other Fair operations use several talkgroups on the First Digital 800mhz system.
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=2509

Volunteer Amateur radio operators will be using one of the local repeaters. I don't recall what repeater was used in the past, but here are a few to try:

If anyone monitors the Fair this year, I would be interested to know what talkgroups are active on the First Digital 800mhz system.

--Joe

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
twister19 said:
No in all reality they might use their spare edacs radios that are stored at the football stadium for their extra man power and other agencies that will be there.

That is what I was thinking they would do, or if somehow each agency would just do their own things and try and listen to what each other is doing via scanner or a dispatcher.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
cellphone said:
If anyone monitors the Fair this year, I would be interested to know what talkgroups are active on the First Digital 800mhz system.

--Joe

Thanks for the info Joe and Twister19.

Yup even the FD800 sys in Douglas County has some interesting TGs on there. It is funny to listen to some of them as they must forget people can hear what they're saying.

You would think the hams would use simplex since it's fairly close to one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.