State Fire Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Database Admin
There's a large fire going on in Black Mountain, been going on for a few hours now. THe forest service is just now arriving on the scene as well. For interop, they're saying go to the state fire channel. 154.2800 MHz is the state fire channel last time I checked, and there hasn't been a peep on that frequency yet. NCFS is still chatting away on their Bearwallow channel but Black Mountain FD has stopped talking completely. Is there another frequency I'm missing? Surely a state channel isn't simplex? And even so, they're only a few miles away from me. Someone help please =/ Give me ideas.

CCHLLM

Yep, it's simplex and its primary use is on-scene use by mobiles and portables and temporary bases of various mutual aid agencies, and if you're more than a few miles away from the scene and over the top of the ridge from it, pretty slim chance you'll hear much. That doesn't mean that comm centers don't also have the capability to talk on it, but that's not usually in the NIMS comm procedures for the majority of incidents. I'd bet if you got close enough to the scene, you'd hear quite a bit of traffic.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Thanks for the heads up. I guess the whole "statewide" thing got me thinking VIPER type statewide where you can hear pretty much anything anywhere. And yeah, simplex and mountains don't get along that well....so....I guess we'll leave it at that. Thanks a bunch!

khubbard

you should also try these
154.28000 WPZT706 M CSQ NC FIRE 1 Statewide Fireground FM Fire-Tac
154.26500 WPZT706 M CSQ NC FIRE 2 Statewide Fireground FM Fire-Tac
154.29500 WPZT706 M CSQ NC FIRE 3 Statewide Fireground FM Fire-Tac
153.83000 WNCL587 M CSQ NC FIRE 4 Statewide Fire Command/Fireground FM Fire-Tac
154.27250 M CSQ NC FIRE 5 Statewide Fireground [Future Use] FMN Fire-Tac
154.28750 M CSQ NC FIRE 6 Statewide Fireground [Future Use] FMN Fire-Tac
154.30250 M CSQ NC FIRE 7 Statewide Fireground [Future Use] FMN Fire-Tac

Status
Not open for further replies.