station alerting .

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfghjkl1

does anyone have any examples of station alerting tones? my station is looking for a new "alert tone" and i thought i would post here .

i am not talking about two tones but the actual alert tones that come over the PA .

thank you .

af5rn

If you'll go to the very bottom of this page, you'll find sound clips of a lot of the old skool alert tones from back in the Plectron days. You'll still hear them in older systems around the country.

These days, I only hear two different alert tones anymore in the metro areas. There's the standard two-tone, hi-low tone that Moto puts in all it's systems. And there is the single, high-pitched tone that plays as long as the dispatcher holds the button down. That's about it, except in the older systems. It used to be fun back in the 70s and 80s, when all the fire departments were still on low band, and you could tell who was toning out just by their unique alert tone.

n4yek

Even though Pigeon Forge Tennessee Fire has the latest and greatest in communications, AT the station itself, they use the alert tones just like the old television show Emergency.
You have 2 tones then a loud klaxon horn go off when the station is dispatched.

ka5lqj

Ahhhhh, yes! LOL!

n4yek said:
Even though Pigeon Forge Tennessee Fire has the latest and greatest in communications, AT the station itself, they use the alert tones just like the old television show Emergency.
You have 2 tones then a loud klaxon horn go off when the station is dispatched.

"Thanks Danny". That old, two-tone & then klaxton brought back memories of Shreveport Fire Station 12 (Caddo Heights). Station 12 is located out on the LA. 3132 - Bert Kouns Industrial Pkwy, now. When the Caddo 911 Communications District dispatches a Fire truck or EMS unit, what comes over now is a "dweedle dweedle, dweedle" sound. :-( Sounds like a cheap car alarm, LOL! There is nothing so "constant" as change.

Is it me, or do fewer and fewer low-band Fire Departments exist?

Respectfully,

Don/KA5-LQJ

Don/KA5LQJ

tweekd

LOL .. How cool would it be to have some of those for ring tones .. !

landonjensen

Here the MDT's themselves have the "emergency" 51 tones from the old TV show, so they go off when they have a call.

drew6553

Is it me, or do fewer and fewer low-band Fire Departments exist?
Don/KA5LQJ[/quote]

It seems like it, however I do know Bumcombe County EOC in North Carolina still has a low band frequency they simulcast on still.

Last edited:

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
tweekd said:
LOL .. How cool would it be to have some of those for ring tones .. !

I have MP3s on several of those on my phone, it's the only ringtone I can actually hear in a loud environment that really gets my attention :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.