Sterling Heights police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scobol

This is probably a really dumb question so plz excuse my ignorance. I just got an sds200 and love it. Picks up a ton of stuff in Macomb County. When I watch the screen I never see Sterling Heights police. I see other police departments come up but not them. Am I missing something? I know Macomb County is simulcast and this scanner works great for that. Just wondering about the Sterling Heights thing.

Scobol

I am assuming Sterling Heights is part of the MPSCS? So anything from them would come up under that?

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Macomb County (50) Sterling Heights Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

DECHEXMode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
2974b9eD50SHCOMCitywide CommonInterop
2972b9cD50SHSPEV1Special Events 1Interop
2973b9dD50SHSPEV2Special Events 2Interop
2880b40D50SHPDPolice: DispatchLaw Dispatch
12442309aD50SHPD2Police: SecondaryLaw Talk
12443309bD50SHTACPolice: TacticalLaw Tac
2997bb5D50SHTRAFPolice: Traffic EnforcementLaw Talk
120302efeD50SHCIDPolice: CIDLaw Tac
2891b4bD50SHFDFire: DispatchFire Dispatch
1253630f8D50SHFD2Fire: SecondaryFire-Talk
121612f81D50SHFD2Fire: FiregroundFire-Tac
120272efbD50SHTRNFire: TrainingFire-Talk
121622f82D50SHFPFire: Fire PreventionFire-Talk
2969b99D50SHDPWDPW and Water DepartmentsPublic Works

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I did a copy/paste above of the Sterling Heights talk groups. SHPD is TG 2880. Hope that helps.

Scobol

Thanks so much. I had Scanner Master program and update firmware etc. Would these already be programmed in you think? Or would I have to do it myself? I told them the county and city I live in.

Hit_Factor

Update the database in your scanner.

Under items to scan menu turn on full database, turn off your favorites list.

In the location tab put in your zip code. Range should be zero.

Check your service types and disable all but police. If you see SHPD, then try to note the talk group number. Check that your favorites list has that TG programmed.

If that doesn't help, let us know what happened. We'll try something else, there are lots of things to check, I'm just starting with TGs.

Scobol

Update the database in your scanner.

Under items to scan menu turn on full database, turn off your favorites list.

In the location tab put in your zip code. Range should be zero.

Check your service types and disable all but police. If you see SHPD, then try to note the talk group number. Check that your favorites list has that TG programmed.

If that doesn't help, let us know what happened. We'll try something else, there are lots of things to check, I'm just starting with TGs.
Ok thanks!

Scobol

TG 2880 is the SHPD. It’s in my favorites list. Just never pick up anything much at all on there. Maybe just not much going on I guess. Thanks all for the help!

Scobol

Just seems weird I’m hearing stuff from all over but nothing from Sterling Heights which is the city I live in.

Hit_Factor

Here in Berrien county most talk is on a common dispatch or common law talk TG. Most of the PDs have their own TG, St Joseph City uses theirs a lot, St Joseph Township rarely uses their TG. However St Joseph Township has lots of traffic on what we call ComNorth (Common North) as well as the 5 or 6 other PDs in the North half of the County.

Status
Not open for further replies.