Appreciate some insight upgrading from a BR330t to a BCD325P2

Sweet330

Premium Subscriber
Just a sad update. Amazon order delayed a day, no biggie, stated it was going to be next day, I can wait two whole days. Comes in Thursday afternoon. Get home late from work, but have Friday off. Yay. Have the day two learn the system and program it up. Wake up Friday, Crowd Strike hits my company. Work in IT for a global company,(out of 11k machines, over 10k can't phone home) but hey, I signed up for this. Long story short...Poor thing is still on my coffee table sitting in its box ;)....Soon I say. Soon...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just a sad update. Amazon order delayed a day, no biggie, stated it was going to be next day, I can wait two whole days. Comes in Thursday afternoon. Get home late from work, but have Friday off. Yay. Have the day two learn the system and program it up. Wake up Friday, Crowd Strike hits my company. Work in IT for a global company,(out of 11k machines, over 10k can't phone home) but hey, I signed up for this. Long story short...Poor thing is still on my coffee table sitting in its box ;)....Soon I say. Soon...
Your programming file, for your 330T, can be loaded into your 325P2, using FreeScan or ProScan. While that obviously would not include digital channels, which the 330T cannot handle, it would make your current analog systems available in the new scanner.

Sounds like a plan. I'm "assuming" the menu system will be pretty similar to the 330, which is good.
The two scanners use the same basic menu structure. (I have both scanners.)

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I worked in IT as a Desktop Engineer starting with Windows 2000, then XP then 7 with many similar situations..no fun. May you get to your coffee table soon😉

Sweet330

Premium Subscriber
Your programming file, for your 330T, can be loaded into your 325P2, using FreeScan or ProScan. While that obviously would not include digital channels, which the 330T cannot handle, it would make your current analog systems available in the new scanner.

The two scanners use the same basic menu structure. (I have both scanners.)
Shut up!!!!! That's great!! Appreciate the info. At least I can start up "sooner". Great news ;)

Sweet330

Premium Subscriber
Greetings. Sweet 330. Out of curiosity.......what are you gonna do with your now outdated 330T? :)
Ya know... The 330T I've noticed (in my opinion) has a little better sensitivity on the analog channels. So for that reason alone when just snooping around town it'll be by my side ;)
I am finding a bit of a learning curve with the 325 and trunking. The 330T seemed to be a little easier to grasp. And honestly they could be the same and I just never played around with the 330T as deep as I am with the 325. I did grab ProScan for the 325 which is very similar to the BCTools I used for the 330T, so that's good. But holy smokes, P25 signals! (One of the main reasons I "upgraded")... I need to reach out to all my surrounding towns and have them upgrade, cause it's all about me and my hobby ;) What a difference in sound/reception quality.

Sweet330

Premium Subscriber
Well, get it up and running yet?
Hey! Yes I have. Having a great time with it. Thank goodness for ProScan ;) It's not quite as sensitive on the analog side as my 330T, but the P25 MORE than makes up for it. Just wow. Had no idea that it would be that "clear" of a signal/audio. Holding off on the DMR upgrade. Doing some studying on it and just haven't grasped it yet. Also not sure if there's much in my area that uses it, still going over the RRDB to see what I might catch.

Eugene

Yes the 330T is great. I had one which broke after a fall and it was too old to be repaired by Uniden. Where it really excelled was VHF/UHF air. I used it strictly for that. I have not found one better (although the UBC 125 is close). Enjoy both of them.

Eugene KG4AVE

bearcatrp

Hey! Yes I have. Having a great time with it. Thank goodness for ProScan ;) It's not quite as sensitive on the analog side as my 330T, but the P25 MORE than makes up for it. Just wow. Had no idea that it would be that "clear" of a signal/audio. Holding off on the DMR upgrade. Doing some studying on it and just haven't grasped it yet. Also not sure if there's much in my area that uses it, still going over the RRDB to see what I might catch.
Get the DMR upgrade and scan the non digital frequencies. You will be surprised what you here.

bearcatrp

I have other radios with NXDN but still may do it on the 325P2. My R30 and the new 160 both have it as well. Not sure yet though. If you ever buy another scanner, consider the 160. That comes with DMR and NXDN but no trunking. That way your 325 can monitor P25 and the 160 can monitor DMR and NXDN.

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
330 works awesome I've bought multiple of them. Lol that and the 230 for racing . 330 also has am fm and partial tv 📺 audio. I did wait too long like another said about having mine fixed by uniden