sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

99chevytahoe

I have been noticing around town stickers and license plates(front) that are black with a blue horizontal strip through the middle (ive seen them on the front of a few cop cars and on the back of a few random cars). I think they have something to due with law enforcement, but i am not sure. I do not know if it is just where i live or if it is a universal thing.

car2back

It's a sticker some cops put on their personally owned vehicles so auto thieves know which cars to target ;)

KLH

Feed Provider
I have also started seeing diagonal red stripes on volunteer fire men's vehicle in addition to the blue horizontal lines on cops cars.

99chevytahoe

i did some research and found the answer...thanks...im going to try to get my buddy thats a cop to hook me up with one, reading as how many people get out of trouble with them

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
99chevytahoe said:
i did some research and found the answer...thanks...im going to try to get my buddy thats a cop to hook me up with one, reading as how many people get out of trouble with them

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pimpala03

99chevytahoe said:
im going to try to get my buddy thats a cop to hook me up with one, reading as how many people get out of trouble with them

You know, most "cop shops" restrict the sale of these to LEOs only, for this very reason. So, they are only on LEO's vehicles. :evil:

They aren't get out of jail free cards. They won't excuse you from breaking the law.

JnglMassiv

99chevytahoe said:
What are you going to say when you can't come up with a star/shield after they pull you over? Some of the coppers around here would make sure you have a very lousy night and I don't think they'd be wrong to do it.

rocksteady

Around Michigan alot of cops don't like those id stickers-metal stars on their cars cause criminals have a tendency to damage their cars when they see them.

Rocky

car2back

99% of cops will automatically write a civilian that is displaying a TBL decal, so good luck! :lol:

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
Haha, I find it funny how negative a lot you are with the topic of "get out of jail free cards."

What about the PBA? Especially in Jersey where i'm familiar with it... You can buy a gold shield to display in your window. Does that make it wrong for them to cut you some slack? Paying for something that ultimately benefits them? What about when a friend gives you a PBA card which is allowed? Especially if you know a friend who gives you a gold card, what's so bad about that? I think a lot of you are sour just because you can't get those cards. Really, let the kid get a blue line and from experience he'll learn what it will do. No need to go around sounding like complete jerks!

Would you like it if you were telling someone about something you would hope to get to help you in a situation, and they start pounding you for it?

Pimpala03

Not being negative... if he wants a sticker, let him get a sticker, but it will generally come with more questions as others have pointed out such as: Are you law enforcement?, etc.

I was just telling him it was NOT a GOOJF card since he said this:
99chevytahoe said:
many people get out of trouble with them

rabidjade

You might like these better:

bluelinewannabe.jpg

asclose.jpg

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
Pimpala03 said:
Not being negative... if he wants a sticker, let him get a sticker, but it will generally come with more questions as others have pointed out such as: Are you law enforcement?, etc.

I was just telling him it was NOT a GOOJF card since he said this:

Obviously it isn't a get out of jail free, nor is anything to be honest. However, people with that mind set, you're better off letting them figuring it out on their own.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
car2back said:
99% of cops will automatically write a civilian that is displaying a TBL decal, so good luck! :lol:

Funny, all the cops around here are civilians. Do you deal with Military police often?

dmh77yy

These stickers are so abused and there are so many fake ones out there not many cops even use them anymore. It used to be a courtesy sticker so that if a cop stopped another cop they would know they were approaching an armed person ahead of time.
They were never created to get people out of trouble and they certainly wont do that now.
If a cop stops you and you have one of these stickers obviously they are also going to ask to see your ID and badge. Its not going to help you to have one of these stickers.
Putting one of these stickers on your car also makes you a target becuase criminals and gangs are going to assume there is a gun in the car and when you are parked someplace you might just get broken into.
Most cops dont want people to know what they are when they are off duty anyways and like I said. the stickers you see now are almost all fakes and not on cop cars.
They are far more popular with firemen since everyone loves hose dragger.
My advice is to not put a blue line sticker on your car, your claiming to be something your not.

Status
Not open for further replies.