Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Stupid WX making it so there's no chance of seeing them RTB. Good possibility of going right over top me.

The tankers will be holding over Waterloo (lower Delaware) so I think they will probably head back via J79 to intercept another airway to Pensacola. Basically east of your location.

Tankers are beging the move south - two aicraft are going to Woodstown (OOD) then to Waterloo (ATR) for a 45 minute delay prior to final local refueling before heading back. Sounds like two of the tankers are heading to hold at Coyle VOR (east of McGuire)

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
The tankers will be holding over Waterloo (lower Delaware) so I think they will probably head back via J79 to intercept another airway to Pensacola. Basically east of your location.

Tankers are beging the move south - two aicraft are going to Woodstown (OOD) then to Waterloo (ATR) for a 45 minute delay prior to final local refueling before heading back. Sounds like two of the tankers are heading to hold at Coyle VOR (east of McGuire)

Flight plan after Waterloo will be direct Salisbury MD - Jamie (spelling) intersection them flight plan in route,

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, and U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, the Thunderbirds, fly over Stamford Hospital in Stamford, Connecticut, during the America Strong Newark and New York City flyover, April 28, 2020

BA.jpgBA-TB.jpg

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Well I caught visual on them on way home. I was parked in open parking lot Rte 40 near Rte 896 in Delaware
right after work about 2 miles West of Maryland State line.
They were coming North to South parallel with Rte 896 headed Southern Delaware.
T-Birds had a chase regular F-16 with them just ahead of the Blue Angels all seemed to be climbing up Southbound
spreading out a bit from tight formation.
Saw odd aircraft right before flyby and he turned South I think it was Pax River P-8A 167956 at 9,700 feet.
Maybe he was getting some long range photos for the Navy guys :)

hippieman556

i had them go right over my house with the same f-16 that Mark is reporting following behind the blue angles and t-birds

i am guessing that the f-16 went in front as it was heading over Philadelphia into Delaware

freqhopping

100 miles from now they will AR. Then they'll all join up for a photo. 289.8
Blue Angels asked if they expend all their smoke before landing. Negative
But the TBirds seem to be purging all their smoke.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Well I caught visual on them on way home. I was parked in open parking lot Rte 40 near Rte 896 in Delaware
right after work about 2 miles West of Maryland State line.
They were coming North to South parallel with Rte 896 headed Southern Delaware.
T-Birds had a chase regular F-16 with them just ahead of the Blue Angels all seemed to be climbing up Southbound
spreading out a bit from tight formation.
Saw odd aircraft right before flyby and he turned South I think it was Pax River P-8A 167956 at 9,700 feet.
Maybe he was getting some long range photos for the Navy guys :)

Mark

So based on that did they come down from Chester County and into New Castle County versus along the river ?

Terry

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark

So based on that did they come down from Chester County and into New Castle County versus along the river ?

Terry
I'm guessing they did river near the twin Del Memorial bridges just South of Wilm then
when they got towards Newark/Bear Delaware they hooked South along rte 896.
I think I caught them as they were finishing the turn due South. Pilots in general like using the twin bridges as landmark
when tooling around here.. I bet that P-8A got some nice long lens shots when they exited Wilm area. Those P-8A cameras are something else.
He turned South overhead just a few minutes before the flyovers came South so I figured I was parked in the right area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.