Stillwater County

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
It would help to know what you would like to monitor. Police, fire/ems, aircraft, businesses, amateur radio, etc.
Do you want a handheld or a base?
The more information we have the easier it will be for suggestions.
73, Rex

tvengr

Well Known Member
I don't see any sites in Stillwater County for the statewide trunked system for monitoring state highway patrol. What is your city or town to determine the best site or sites in adjacent counties?

tvengr

Well Known Member
There aren.t many sites in your surrounding counties for the statewide trunked system. You may be able to receive the Greycliff site in Sweet Grass County.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
You're in a "tough" area, not a lot of coverage. There is a "Broadcastify" feed for Stillwater County you might listen too.
From the Radio Reference homepage, the top menu bar, click on "Live Audio", then "Browse All Feeds", On the Map Click on the state of Montana, the green shaded counties all have active feeds, Click on "Stillwater County", then click on the "Play arrow". Stillwater County is all VHF. Carbon County also has a feed. Carbon County is all VHF and I can hear Carbon County Dispatch clear up here in Lewistown.
If you travel around the area, i.e. Billings, Bozeman you might get a scanner then can do the P25 systems. Billings and Bozeman and several other cities and counties are on the State Trunked Radio System (Montana Public Safety Communication System) [MPSCS} and it has plenty of traffic for Law, EMS, Fire, Public Works, etc.
Hope this helps out, sorry for the slow reply.
73, Rex