Strange behavior on WFM

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0taz

It would be helpful if someone else could try this or let me know your thoughts.

DV1 software controlled
Tunned to 95.8 Local FM station for a test.
VFO set to WFM
Reception is fine, the station is sounding fine.

Mode changed to AM then back to WFM and station is clearly not being received.
I had a play with the modes, and then eventually by clicking around get it back on to receive again.

A short video of this behaviour here

I don't see WFM on the mode selection DV1 front panel menu, is that because WFM is only available under SW control?

Any comments welcome, maybe it's late and I'm just missing something. This behaviour seems to be repeatable.

Thanks, Dave

morfis

I haven't used Markus' software so don't know if it is not setting the IF bandwidth correctly and your video doesn't clearly show what you are doing.
You don't see WFM on the mode selection as it's part of FM...with FM set you can change the bandwidth to suit (from memory the options are 6, 15, 30, 100, 200)

G8PTN

Hi Dave,

I have no experience with the software you are using, but looking at your video, the reason the station is not clearly received is because for some reason the bandwidth is not getting set to 200kHz. It appears to be at 15kHz which is the default bandwidth for FM.

I also noticed you appear to have the voice descrambler turned on, since it shows the “VI” symbol on the DV1 display when you are set to FM and 15 kHz bandwidth. This might be your intended setting, but just an observation.

Best Regards,
Dave

Ubbe

It's clearly that remote software that are not working correctly. You have to "remind" it that you are in broadcast FM band by clicking on the frequency again and it will send the correct FM mode to the receiver.

Try to change the frequency of VFO-A and VFO-B to FM broadcast and see if the problem are that it incorrectly uses the frequency, and thus the bandplan, for VFO-A or VFO-B when changing the mode for VFO-Z.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.