Strange filter / Multi-coupler problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
typical suburban neighborhood. underground power. no neighbors within at least the first couple of rows that have active (power) solar collectors....

see post above - the noise does sometimes diminish --- but it's not on a schedule (like a pump on a timer, etc.)

d

Problem around here is some of the newer washing machines with motors that reverse. Really mess up Saturdays (wash day for many).

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
Problem around here is some of the newer washing machines with motors that reverse. Really mess up Saturdays (wash day for many).

You might check with the manufacture of the washer, sometimes they make noise filter that can be added on to help with this. I know for a fact that Speed Queen washers have this, I was at a training school a few months ago and they mentioned it was an available part that could be added on, at the cost of the appliance owner however.

spanky15805

OK, you shut the house down it was still there. Are you seeing anything in the 450-500 mhz range?

As for the 99 watt station, alot of commercial stations are using the 99 watt transmitters to fill holes in there coverage. Obviously on a different frequency.

Back to power down the house, most new power meters that have milliwatt transmitters built in. prcguy might know what there frequency is.

Another source could be the new 600mhz 5G, if it's really close. I say that because of the pulsing. Good luck!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Back to power down the house, most new power meters that have milliwatt transmitters built in. prcguy might know what there frequency is.

Depends on the utility, but many are 900MHz band. Low power, and they only transmit short bursts of data periodically. They do not transmit constantly. Gas meters, too. They have a built in battery that last many years.

prcguy

Here is some info on smart meters from several years ago with credits to the testing company:

Some of the key RF frequency and power levels measured in Richard Tell Associates report for the higher transmitter power meters from as many as 200,000 Itron Smart Meter sample units are:
Frequency Transmit Power EIRP*
900MHz 298mw (about 1/3w) 26.9dBm (about 1/2 watt)
850MHz cell 31.8dBm (about 1.5w) 33.6dBm (about 2.3w)
1900MHz cell 28.7dBm (about 3/4w) 30.3dBm (about 1w)
2.4GHz wi-fi band 114.8mw (about 1/9w) 23.4dBm (about 1/5w)

OK, you shut the house down it was still there. Are you seeing anything in the 450-500 mhz range?

As for the 99 watt station, alot of commercial stations are using the 99 watt transmitters to fill holes in there coverage. Obviously on a different frequency.

Another source could be the new 600mhz 5G, if it's really close. I say that because of the pulsing. Good luck!

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
of note, today, the offending signals are much weaker (about -60db) .... and it's raining. how odd. based on the interference being predominantly VHF... i don't think this is some type of power meter, SCADA, etc. type telemetry. it's more like a freaking grow house filled with chinese LEDs....

Last edited:

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
of note, today, the offending signals are much weaker (about -60db) .... and it's raining. how odd. based on the interference being predominantly VHF... i don't think this is some type of power meter, SCADA, etc. type telemetry. it's more like a freaking grow house filled with chinese LEDs....

Are you sure this isn't AC line noise? I have a problem with that and it goes away when it rains.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
Are you sure this isn't AC line noise? I have a problem with that and it goes away when it rains.
no, i am not sure it's not AC line noise. btw, it's still raining and the noise spikes are back and strong as ever. I have had FPL to the house to conduct a survery... they did not find anything outside of regulatory limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.