Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

policeofficer123

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just whish the RR folks would make up their minds, first of all according to Kedrick and I am going to paste what was written: "" Please remember that it is against our terms of service for any feed provider to broadcast the following:

* SWAT type operations if on dedicated channels or talk groups
* Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical law enforcement operations
* Dedicated channels or talk groups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications
* Dedicated Federal Government or Military Communications (exceptions include any fire fighting or EMS operations, space shuttle communications, park ranger operations)
* Any commercial service broadcast (FM/AM/TV etc)
* Music or talk show of any kind (commercial or non-commercial)
* DJ or other type of similar activity (commercial or non-commercial)
* Open Microphones
* Schools/School Buses
* Citizens Band (CB)
* GMRS or FRS (either simplex or repeaters)
* NOAA Weather Radio

Let me see I found a CB feed Citizens Band Radio Channel 6 Live Scanner Audio Feed
I know of at least 2 feeds that have school buses on their feeds
Military feeds such as this one :
Citizens Band Radio Channel 6 Live Scanner Audio Feed even though it has aircraft on it it is still a dedicated Federal Government Feed
in the last 3 days there has been at least 3 SWAT or ERT feeds that were posted. The feeds when you looked up the frequencies the SWAT or ERT had there own dedicated channels so this means we are streaming SWAT dedicated Channels.
Dedicated talk channels EMS to Hospital
well here is a feed that does just that:
Monmouth County Fire, EMS, Police, NJSP Live Scanner Audio Feed
I am sure I can go on and on if I look hard enough. We need one set of rules not 2 regardless if you are a official feed or not.. I like to see the alert thing go away. How Many times over the tornado season have we seen alert severe weather tornado warnings but yet that is also listed above. We do this to bring listeners to our scanner feeds. Lets look at it this way our scanners are helping adds pay for the server that RR is using. Without the adds we all would be paying for listeners to listen to our scanner feeds. I liked the way Gordon was running things he was fair with everyone, On proscan there is no rules on what you can stream I think thats why a lot of folks went to proscan. Anyway I just wanted to make a point on what I have read over and over about what we can stream and what we can not stream but yet there is always some one out there doing what they want and no one is saying anything. I know everytime some one puts an alert out something goes over twitter so RR folks can not say that they had know Ideal what is being done out there, anyway good nite all cheers.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I previously reported the CB feed and was told they were grandfathered in because they were feeding before RR took it over. I think this may be the case with other feeds.

This feed The Ohio State University Live Scanner Audio Feed openly streams everything on the system, including police tactical channels and university business channels. It has been reported without results.

I agree, the Monmouth feed should not be streaming all those hospital channels. Admin may not have been aware of it.

It is great that you want to help police the site, but I suggest you report these issues to an administrator in a PM instead of posting it in a public forum.

With some 3000 feeds it is difficult for the admins to see everything. Plus, I think a lot of feed providers change what the were originally approved for without the knowledge of the RR administration.

Last edited:

policeofficer123

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not policing just working on proving a point, That we seem to have double standards with this streaming stuff. The reason I think for the double standards is because of lack of knowledge of fire, police, and ems background that the RR leaders have. You see for the last 3 months- on how we can not have this and that posted as alerts but then you see someone post an alert on their feed just what we were told that we can not do and nothing is done about it. I just want to see it fair for all. If and I say ( if the law saids that we are ok to stream over the internet with our scanners) then what is the difference on what we stream? I think there is something that we are not being told by the RR team. Yes someone can come to your door and tell you to take their feed off line or will see you in court. I have the court papers and the letter front my cable company that the FCC sent them for streaming a local pd in Colorado. I was told to drop the feed or they would take me to court and if I did not drop them my internet provider would no longer allow me service. RR would not be the responsible party for streaming because we are the provider if you think about it makes sense. Just like proscan, they act as a server and streamwebtown, they act as a server, same as teamspeak they act as a server, they are all only providing what you are sending them, no harm to them. But you as the person that is sending the information out can have the plug pulled. Have you heard of a radio station that has had there station pulled because of what information they were sending over the air waves? Its the same thing that us providers are doing. Anyway enough said. Thanks for the response back.

OCO

Yes someone can come to your door and tell you to take their feed off line or will see you in court. I have the court papers and the letter front my cable company that the FCC sent them for streaming a local pd in Colorado. I was told to drop the feed or they would take me to court and if I did not drop them my internet provider would no longer allow me service.

I don't suppose you'd consider redacting the personal info from those letters and court papers and posting copies for our education?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You know, Tom...for a guy who is so bent on making sure everyone else follows the site's TOS, it's pretty ironic that you yourself created this second account, which is also against the RR TOS.

Glass houses.

The reason I think for the double standards is because of lack of knowledge of fire, police, and ems background that the RR leaders have.

Also, I find this bit here ridiculous, and somewhat insulting. What you fail to realize is that any perceived "shortcomings" some of the RR staff might have when it comes to personal knowledge or experience in public safety, is made up for by the fact that there are many of us that Lindsay and the gang are not shy about consulting when they need further clarification. This site is not just run by a bunch of clueless radio geeks, so please drop the arrogant and obnoxious "I used to be a Forest Fire Warden" bit, as if you're the only guy with any PS experience around here. :roll:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I previously reported the CB feed and was told they were grandfathered in because they were feeding before RR took it over. I think this may be the case with other feeds.

Correct..

I suggest you report these issues to an administrator in a PM instead of posting it in a public forum.

I wish some people would heed this advice.

With some 3000 feeds it is difficult for the admins to see everything.

I guess some people think we have some type of little alarm that go's off in our heads every time someone streams something against the TOS:roll:.

I think a lot of feed providers change what the were originally approved for without the knowledge of the RR administration.

Happens everyday.

Now Tom, does that satisfies you? Are we done trying to "make a point"?. You know if you had followed these rules to begin with, you know, the ones where you certified your feed as "TOS compliant", your feed would not have been terminated.

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Did RR turn off this guys feed or something is this why he is on the rampage across rr.com looking for people who HE thinks are breaking the rules. This is the 2nd or 3rd post I have seen where he is ranting about people breaking the rules.

slash

Yes someone can come to your door and tell you to take their feed off line or will see you in court. I have the court papers and the letter front my cable company that the FCC sent them for streaming a local pd in Colorado. I was told to drop the feed or they would take me to court and if I did not drop them my internet provider would no longer allow me service. RR would not be the responsible party for streaming because we are the provider if you think about it makes sense.

Do the wise thing and drop the feed. Let someone else be the hero.

Unrelated, but I'd like to know: You are talking about a feed in Colorado while your handle and your profile location suggests you are a LEO and live in Maricopa County, Arizona.

If you do in fact live in Maricopa County and are indeed an active LEO, do you work for Sheriff Joe or a local department? If you are not an active LEO, you need your head examined before you continue posting here especially if you already have a second account as Chauffeur6 is claiming.

The TOS violation is not from having a second account per se, but from not providing accurate and up to date information in your account (Section 4). The potential criminal (and serious) violation here is claiming your LEO credential in your handle if it's not currently true, as it is considered impersonation.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
This has been answered by the live audio staff. There is no need to take this any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.