strong signals gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I clicked on my link to Strong Signals today and got the following notice:

strongsignals.net expired on 06/29/2008 and is pending renewal or deletion

Seeing that many of the 'headlines' on the site hadn't been updated in over a year (i.e., the 30th anniversary of Scanners Unlimited stayed there after Glen had closed), I was wondering if Rich was letting the site slowly die.

Anyone have an idea?

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am afraid Rich got involved with one of those Religions that you are not allowed to have any hobbies or fun.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The domain is fine - I just got in, no problem. I think Rich has lost interest in maintaining his website - even when someone else (like me) does the maintenance.

It's still an excellent place to find info on older scanners, though. 73 Mike

scannerfreak

Database Admin
The domain is fine - I just got in, no problem. I think Rich has lost interest in maintaining his website - even when someone else (like me) does the maintenance.

It's still an excellent place to find info on older scanners, though. 73 Mike

Clear you cache, it's not strong signals anymore, at least the forums anyway:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 501

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<sigh> Oh well, if true - I've got a lot of stripping out code/links to do. We've got several links in the wiki to Strong Signals. I'm going to wait a few days before doing anything.

Same thing with the CHM site. Sad to see it go....73 Mike

scannerfreak

Database Admin
<sigh> Oh well, if true - I've got a lot of stripping out code/links to do. We've got several links in the wiki to Strong Signals. I'm going to wait a few days before doing anything.

Same thing with the CHM site. Sad to see it go....73 Mike

This happened before, in fact I think it was last year. Rich eventually renewed and the site came back up. We'll see if he renews it this time. He may not with the little activity on the site, but I would think he would at least like to keep the domain.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Same thing here. WOW! I hope it does come back up. It was a great place to go for used equipment information and reviews. The posts were getting a little outdated though. I guess a lot of people naturaly migrated over here.

Manny

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I am afraid Rich got involved with one of those Religions that you are not allowed to have any hobbies or fun.

I think things slowed down after the kids came along. It happens! Your time and money priorities change drastically...for about the rest of your life!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What was the CHM site?

Present tense - is...

Look at my sig - it's the Capitol Hill Monitors website

Good to see Strong Signals is back - I wasn't looking forward to working 120 articles in the wiki with links to it....

73 Mike

ind224

taking over?

Can an admin explain (just for information purposes) how the aquisition of IndyScan went? I'm not refering to the deal between the parties I mean how the data was merged or shared. Is that an option if Rich was interested and would it be a major work?
Just curious. (not yellow)

Status
Not open for further replies.