DSDPlus Suddenly Wiped And Rewritten DSDPlus.RADIOS file?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamfancher

Premium Subscriber
I just stripped a radio line down to this and no problems reported by DSD+ 2.368:

P25,BEE00.3C2,-1,52204,10,Normal,479,2022/01/03 16:33,"DAS Robot"

No need for padding spaces. Copy/paste that into your .radios file...

Well, crap. I must have been doing something wrong.

I was definitely overthinking this one. Thanks so much for confirming, this saves me from a whole lot of headaches.

Kazzaw

Database Admin
Even better, DSDPlus will convert the jammed together ones back into the spaced out formula in its file. I import a lot from spreadsheets (with a lot of data transformation, merging cells and find and replace) which is all in a jammed out format, copy and paste straight into the file. save, close. Reload DSDPlus and everythings back in the correct format

adamfancher

Premium Subscriber
Even better, DSDPlus will convert the jammed together ones back into the spaced out formula in its file. I import a lot from spreadsheets (with a lot of data transformation, merging cells and find and replace) which is all in a jammed out format, copy and paste straight into the file. save, close. Reload DSDPlus and everythings back in the correct format

Awesome. Thanks!

adamfancher

Premium Subscriber
I just discovered something....

The cause of my data loss (it has now happened several times but the last few I've had backups) is a blue screen of death crash. Not sure entirely if the BSOD has anything to do with DSD+ or my radio, but repeatably when I reboot the machine and fire up DSD+, my radios file is empty.

If you do suffer a system crash, do NOT fire up DSD+ upon rebooting. Your radios file may very well still be intact. Mine was. As soon as I launched DSD+, it blew it away. Back the file up, then launch DSD+. Let it clobber the file if it wants to clobber the file, you can just replace it with your backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.